Welcome to the APBWeb.
    McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO

Seatbelt chime in CV's

Does anyone know how to turn off the chime for the passenger seat? I tried the way you do it for the driver's seat, but it didn't work. Do I have to do something different or did I just not do it right the first time?
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Insert buckle into latch until you hear a click.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Insert buckle into latch until you hear a click.
    +1
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ok, I'm all for wearing your seatbelt but I also know that it's smart to take it off before you get to calls, while you're sitting and doing paper, and when you're creeping around. The chime is a huge tactical giveaway.

There are different methods for deactivating the chime, depending on your model year. I have the manual for my car at work if yours is '08 or more recent.

The other thing is to try and find the manual online.

Make sure you follow the instructions for disabling the chime. Don't defeat it by putting the seatbelt on behind you, or putting a buckle cut from a wrecked car in it. The airbag/safety system is smart enough to know whether you are buckled in with sensors in the buckle. It will decide whether you need pretensioners alone, or the airbag based on whether you are buckled in. It will also time the airbag deployment based on whether you are buckled. If you defeat the system with workarounds you can not count on the car's safety systems in an accident.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Here's what I found online:

2000-2002 Ford Crown Victoria BeltMinder System

Deactivating/Activating the BeltMinder feature
    Read steps 1-9 thoroughly before proceeding with the deactivation/activation programming procedure.

The BeltMinder feature can be deactivated/activated by performing the following procedure:
    Before following the procedure, make sure that:
    • the parking brake is set
    • the gearshift is in P (Park)
    • the ignition switch is in the OFF position
    • all vehicle doors are closed
    • the driver's safety belt is unbuckled
    • the parklamps/headlamps are in the OFF position (If vehicle is equipped with Autolamps, this will not affect the procedure.)

1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. DO NOT START THE ENGINE.

2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off (approximately 1-2 minutes).

• Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated.

3. Buckle & unbuckle the safety belt three (3) times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during BeltMinder warning activation.

4. Turn on the headlights, then turn off the headlights.

5. Buckle & unbuckle the safety belt three (3) times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.

• After step 5, the safety belt warning light will be turned on for three seconds.

6. Within seven (7) seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.

• This will disable BeltMinder if it is currently enabled, or enable it if it is currently disabled.

7. Confirmation of disabling BeltMinder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light four times per second for three seconds.

8. Confirmation of enabling BeltMinder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light four times per second for three seconds, followed by flashing the safety belt warning light four times per second for three seconds again.

9. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2003-Present Ford Crown Victoria BeltMinder System

Read steps 1 - 4 thoroughly before proceeding with the deactivation/activation programming procedure.

The driver and front passenger BeltMinder features can be deactivated/activated by performing the following procedure:

Before following the procedure, make sure that:
    • The parking brake is set
    • The gearshift is in P (Park) (automatic transmission)
    • The ignition switch is in the OFF position
    • The driver and front passenger safety belts are
    unbuckled

1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE)

2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1 minute)

• Step 3 must be completed within 50 seconds after the safety belt warning light turns off.

3. For the seating position being disabled, buckle & unbuckle the safety belt 9 times, ending in the unbuckled state. (Step 3 must be completed within 50 seconds after the safety belt warning light turns off.)

• After step 3, the restraint system warning light (airbag light) will be turned on for three seconds.

4. Within 10 seconds of the light turning on, buckle & unbuckle the safety belt.

• This will disable the BeltMinder feature for that seating position if it is currently enabled. As confirmation, the restraint system warning light will flash 4 times per second for 3 seconds.

• This will enable the BeltMinder feature for that seating position if it is currently disabled. As confirmation, the restraint system warning light will flash 4 times per second for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the light off, then followed by the restraint system warning light flashing 4 times per second for 3 seconds again.

Read more: How to disable the seat belt chime on Ford Crown Vic

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Just try it again. The same way you did the drivers side seatbelt
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Yeah it works on both front seats.

Thread Information