Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: APATHY

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO

APATHY

The president of Standard and Poors has "resigned",in other words the pressure came down after he downgraded (rightfully so) the U.S. credit, and they needed a sacrifice.The entire nation will just think "business as usual".I could give a tinkers damn about this guy,or the U.S. credit rating.I am totally sick of everyone just "taking" it.

First responders are not allowed at the 10th anniversary of the WTC attacks because of "space constraints" ,Hey they werent invited 10 years ago either ,BUT they showed up didnt they???

.A local paper mill discharged crap into a pristeen river here ,causing a massive fish kill,including some endangered species,they shut down for a week.The state came by yesterday,a week after the mill shut down and tested the air/water quality,a WEEK, later,whatcha think they will find,clean air maybe???The mill was allowed to fire back up today,think some $$$ passed hands?????

I get shot last Nov.by a person that is well known (read: has money),and almost a year later still no trial,and multiple lies from the D.A. as to why,think $$$$ might be involved???

I bought a sack of peanuts to boil,they were moldy when I got home,bring them back ,of course we get into a bit of a pissing match,I get 1/2 my money back plus the peanuts,BUT,catch hell for sticking to my rights from someone I thought would support me.

I am damn sick and tired of being forced to be apathetic because of my job,I am a man first,a citizen second ,and a cop third.I may not have as many rights as other citizens due to my job,BUT as a man and citizen I will say F the job if I have to lay down and take it.

Rant over,

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    This is how the Middle East revolutions started....

pac201 is offline Used up and retired
    Verified LEO
    a handbasket...guess where we're going...
    Quote Originally Posted by mavriktu View Post
    The president of Standard and Poors has "resigned",in other words the pressure came down after he downgraded (rightfully so) the U.S. credit, and they needed a sacrifice.The entire nation will just think "business as usual".I could give a tinkers damn about this guy,or the U.S. credit rating.I am totally sick of everyone just "taking" it.

First responders are not allowed at the 10th anniversary of the WTC attacks because of "space constraints" ,Hey they werent invited 10 years ago either ,BUT they showed up didnt they???

.A local paper mill discharged crap into a pristeen river here ,causing a massive fish kill,including some endangered species,they shut down for a week.The state came by yesterday,a week after the mill shut down and tested the air/water quality,a WEEK, later,whatcha think they will find,clean air maybe???The mill was allowed to fire back up today,think some $$$ passed hands?????

I get shot last Nov.by a person that is well known (read: has money),and almost a year later still no trial,and multiple lies from the D.A. as to why,think $$$$ might be involved???

I bought a sack of peanuts to boil,they were moldy when I got home,bring them back ,of course we get into a bit of a pissing match,I get 1/2 my money back plus the peanuts,BUT,catch hell for sticking to my rights from someone I thought would support me.

I am damn sick and tired of being forced to be apathetic because of my job,I am a man first,a citizen second ,and a cop third.I may not have as many rights as other citizens due to my job,BUT as a man and citizen I will say F the job if I have to lay down and take it.

Rant over,
    + infinity!!!
    Job security...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Say on, brother...say on!

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mavriktu View Post
    A local paper mill discharged crap into a pristeen river here ,causing a massive fish kill,including some endangered species,they shut down for a week.The state came by yesterday,a week after the mill shut down and tested the air/water quality,a WEEK, later,whatcha think they will find,clean air maybe???The mill was allowed to fire back up today,think some $$$ passed hands?????
    If it were ever brought to the back against the wall issue, it would simply be stated that they couldn't take any serious action against the plant. How can they? The plant makes x amount of $, pays x amount of taxes, employs x amount of people who pay x amount of taxes and helps keep the community afloat. (plus anything else that can be thought of)
    We have chemical spills here all the time with the numerous plants we have. This is what is commonly referred to by people who don't live in these areas as the price of doing business. You know what the problem is? That is a true statement. Whoopsy. Quick! Throw money at it and let's move on. From polluted ground water to an exploded rig in the Gulf of Mexico it is indeed the price of doing business.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information