Welcome to the APBWeb.
    irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO

Extreme Couponing?

OK, so I'm sure by now everyone has heard of this. Personally, I tend to think they're in the early years of becoming hoarders, BUT, I love to coupon myself.

Today, I saved $27.16 at one store, $25.00 at another, and the last store GAVE me 10 cents to take food home. I do have to say, I only buy what I'm actually going to use and if it's something free (who can pass up free?) and I won't use it, I'll donate it to a women's shelter or something. My best buy today? I bought 2 packs of diapers that were regularly $9.33 for $1.69/each.

Anyone else here coupon? What's your best savings? And if you don't coupon, but get the paper, can I have yours? LOL
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

SPD
    SPD is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I have a coupon that says "stay the hell home and don't go shopping."

I save 100% every time I use it.
    Idiot

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Haven't done it but sure have thought about it. Dawn has the time to watch TV and catches that show. She has the same thought as you. Why would you buy 400 boxes of something you would never use and keep in the special room you built to house all that stuff?
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Haven't done it but sure have thought about it. Dawn has the time to watch TV and catches that show. She has the same thought as you. Why would you buy 400 boxes of something you would never use and keep in the special room you built to house all that stuff?
    Exactly! I've only seen the show a couple of times and I wonder the same thing.

I do use coupons when I can, but I don't buy something that I don't need just because I have a coupon.

Irishmick - if there are certain products/coupons that you like and use, just let me know what they are and I'll send you any coupons that I don't need. I usually throw many of them away.

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    That's exactly what I think when I see that show..."who the hell can use 400 boxes of cereal before the expiration date!?" I like saving, but not when it's stuff I'm not going to use.

BC - diaper coupons are always appreciated...LOL
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmick View Post
    That's exactly what I think when I see that show..."who the hell can use 400 boxes of cereal before the expiration date!?" I like saving, but not when it's stuff I'm not going to use.

BC - diaper coupons are always appreciated...LOL

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Why would you buy 400 boxes of something you would never use and keep in the special room you built to house all that stuff?
    To resell? You could open your own little covert neighborhood convenience store.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    To resell? You could open your own little covert neighborhood convenience store.
    Or stockpile it and then sell it at an extra high price the next time a hurricane, tornado, or earthquake hits! Business should be especially brisk up to Dec. 21 2012....

Thread Information