Welcome to the APBWeb.
    copboy is offline Officer First Class

Been away for a while.

Hay yall

I'v been a way for quite a while.....had alot going on and still going on. When last I posted I had found out that my wife had cheated on me and was trying to figure out what to do. Well I forgave her ( I know I must be nuts) and we are doing better than ever. ( I think she realized that the life she has is what she wanted all along just was to scared to admit it). We had another child. He is almost two now and is just great. Moved to a new house which was needed because three kids and two adults in a 2 bedroom house was not working. Finally the bad of what has been going on.

A month ago I was diagnosed with Classic Hodgkin Lymphoma Nodular Sarcoma. Yep the big C. It is stage two and the docs are confident it is curable. I started chemo last week and am looking at 6 months of treatment. With this came the crappy result of having to resign my commission. I was asked to resign or be terminated due to the fact that I will not be able to get my required hours in while im getting treatment. With my low white counts due to treatment it is unsafe for me to be out on the street and exposed to all the nastys that come with it. So in 6 months I will start the search for a new commission and I hope that I will be in a better place.

I am lucky that I have had amaizing support from my family, my in-laws, and my friends.

I hope to be around here a bit more especially since im mostly home bound to stay away from the germs.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Welcome back to you and howdy to the newest addition to your family. Congrats!
    Kick that cancer in the keester.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Welcome back! Hope the treatments are effective and you can get back to work soon.

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Welcome back copboy!

It sounds like you are on your way to kickin' the big C's buttocks!
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Glad you're back, and best wishes!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

pac201 is offline Used up and retired
    Verified LEO
    a handbasket...guess where we're going...
    Welcome back, best wishes also.
    Job security...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Welcome back, copboy! Thoughts and prayers en route to you.

Shrugs135 is offline Officer First Class
    Sorry to hear about the big "C"....prayers being sent your way. Welcome back.....and most importantly try and stay as healthy as possible.
    NON TIMEBO MALA.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You got sick and they threatened to fire you????

Good luck!
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

copboy is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    You got sick and they threatened to fire you????

Good luck!
    It is a reserve position so not paid so it seams that the rules are a bit different. If I were paid it would be a different story all together. I'm not positive that my getting sick was the only thing that lead up to being asked to resign, but it is the only reason that makes sense. I was a hard worker and was even told on multiple occasions, when nasty grams were sent out by the chief, that I should ignore them because I was not the problem. I hope to talk directly with the chief this week ( I have to turn in my badge and other equipment but the capt. refuses to call me back) and get an answer, which I have a feeling will be made up. It might be for the best though as a friend of mine who is a sgt. at a near by department has heard some rumblings that not good things are coming down the pike for my now former department so who knows maby I dodged a bullet.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Best of luck! I hope you beat this and find another department too!
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Thread Information