Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Hallmark sells "Sorry you lost your job" greeting cards

And here are some of the gems they came up with:
    “Don't think of it as losing your job. Think of it as a time-out between stupid bosses.”
    One featuring a cat: "Is there anywhere I could hack up a hairball, like say, on a former employer's head?"
    "Losing your job does not define you. What you do about it does."
    A Hallmark spokesperson told the AFP that they won't be the strongest sales performers, but the unemployment cards will "meet a relevant and niche consumer need." Basically, their job is to mourn the loss of your job. Ouch.

Read more: Sorry For Your (Job) Loss: Hallmark Unveils Unemployment Cards - TIME NewsFeed

Beach Biker is offline Narcissistic Swinger
    The last greeting card I bought was almost $5. If it were me, I would rather have a 12 pack of pop than the card. Here is some history on manufactured holidays by Hallmark from Wiki.

Hallmark holiday - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Hallmark holiday" is a disparaging term, used predominantly in the United States, to describe a holiday that is perceived to exist primarily for commercial purposes, rather than to commemorate a traditionally significant event. The name comes from Hallmark Cards, a privately owned American company based in Kansas City, Missouri, that benefits from such manufactured events through sales of greeting cards and other items. Holidays that have been referred to as "Hallmark Holidays" include Grandparent's Day, Sweetest Day, Mother's Day, Boss's Day, Secretary's Day and Fathers' Day. Some people also consider Valentine's Day such a day. These are frequently ignored by a sizable percentage of the public."

Thread Information