Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Online gamers take just a few days to solve AIDS research problem that researchers had been trying to solve for years

An online game has helped determine the structure of an enzyme that could pave the way for anti-Aids drugs.

The game, called Foldit, allows players to create new shapes of proteins by randomly folding digital molecules on their computer screens.

In the journal Nature Structural and Molecular Biology, scientists write that they have been puzzled by the protein's structure for over a decade.

But it took the online community just a few days to produce the enzyme's model.

More here: BBC News - Online game Foldit helps anti-Aids drug quest

Try your hand at online gaming for science!

Solve Puzzles for Science | Foldit

Bjohnson63 is offline King of the Shit Bucket
    Verified LEO
    Long live PC gamers!

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    It's actually a common practice. More than a couple of the first person shooter games are scenarios created by the military to observe various approaches to solve them by gamers.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Thread Information