Welcome to the APBWeb.
    keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

I finally did it.

After much consternation, I finally broke down and upgraded to an iphone. Anyone that knows me knows that I am a technical dufus, so it should be interesting to see how long it will take an old dog like me to learn a new trick!
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Aegis is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    My wife got one for me last summer. It won't take long for you to get into a groove with it.

Then you'll be wasting tons of time on the thing.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    My flip phone gave out a few months ago.I had it since before Katrina,and it even had "Cingular" written on it.Now my wife,has to have every gadget out there,especially if it has an I in front,ie: the pad,pod,phone,throw a number behind it and Katie bar the door.Well when the i phone 4 came out the 3,went on a windowsill in her home office,after 6 months I gave in and took it.It is like my brain,I only use a small portion of what it is capable of,.

NOW,for the kicker,I am ,admittedly,very difficult to buy gifts for,today she asked if I would like an i-phone 4 for Christmas,Having seen the ads for the ,Sirry(sp?),I thought ,"OK,that might be a fun toy",so I said sure(it also stops the million requests of "would you like a.....),so her reply???Great,I will give you mine and I will get the 4s.OH HELL KNOW!!!!,back to million questions I guess.

Jim1348 is online now Rookie
    Verified LEO

iPhone

iPhone 3GS 8GB Black

I was just looking at this online. We have T-Mobile, however. Does anybody happen to know how it will work with T-Mobile since it is unlocked. Will the phone work fine, but data on 2G/EDGE only, or am I way off base?

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    Anyone that knows me knows that I am a technical dufus
    one of the things I like most about the iPlatform is that Mac stuff is very very user friendly. You don't have to be a computer nerd to get the most out of your device. One thing that it took me FOREVER to figure out...if you're playing music through your phone and the phone is locked, hit the home button twice and the music controls pop up and you can sop, start, fast forward or rewind without having to unlock the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    After much consternation, I finally broke down and upgraded to an iphone. Anyone that knows me knows that I am a technical dufus, so it should be interesting to see how long it will take an old dog like me to learn a new trick!

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    iPhone 3GS 8GB Black

I was just looking at this online. We have T-Mobile, however. Does anybody happen to know how it will work with T-Mobile since it is unlocked. Will the phone work fine, but data on 2G/EDGE only, or am I way off base?
    Correct. A friend of mine did just that. IDK if it'd be worth it though if you plan on using the data at all, since it'll be so damn slow

And, $375 for a 3GS? Ouch... Check eBay
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    The cost for the iphone4 I got from Verizon was $53.00. It required a 2 year contract, but I had that anyways.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Another thing to keep in mind for those looking to buy..if you travel outside the US and Canada get either the AT&T iPhone 3G/3GS/4 or an iPhone 4S with any of the three (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon)
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If I can actually do some stuff on the iPhone you should have no problem. I'm as retarded about technology as they come.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    If I can actually do some stuff on the iPhone you should have no problem. I'm as retarded about technology as they come.

Run Forrest Run!!!!!!!
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Thread Information