Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Protesters and shoppers mix on Occupy Black Friday

Anti-Wall Street protesters took their message about corporate greed to Black Friday shoppers, staging demonstrations in commercial areas around California on one of the busiest days of the year for retailers and bargain-hunters.
    In San Francisco, a few dozen people in tony and touristy Union Square used signs to spread an anti-consumerism message. One, 9-year-old Jacob Hamilton, held a sign that read, "What is in your bag that's more important than my education?"
    Some of the protesters from the Occupy movements in San Francisco and Oakland clashed with police when they briefly blocked the city's iconic cable cars until officers pushed them out of the street.
    Later in the afternoon, some of the participants in what protesters called "Don't Buy Anything Day" sat down in the middle of Market Street, San Francisco's main thoroughfare, and blocked traffic while chanting, "Stop shopping and join us!"
    more here: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...ef32cc0b9072c2

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    These Moonbats just don't get it. I would support an initiatve that dropped high school economics teachers into these crowds and try and teach some basics to these people about how the economy really works.

But I'd imagine they'd have to put down their iPhones, Coleman tents, Coca-Colas, etc. as they just look at them with blank stares.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Thread Information