Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Extreme Kayaking

Filmed right here in good ol Alabama:

Must-see video: Kayakers go over Noccalula Falls | al.com

Video:
    Noccalula Falls Full Edit w/ POV on Vimeo

GADSDEN, Alabama -- Three Kayakers went over the Gadsden falls Monday, Nov. 28, intentionally and filmed the ordeal as part of a documentary they are producing.
    In a post on their web site, "The Land of Giants, A film documenting the large whitewater of Lookout Mountain," it says:
    "This is probably the biggest waterfall ever ran in the Southeast U.S. The first and only descent of this monster was by Pat Keller, Isaac Levinson, and Chris Gragtmans. With several attempts being thwarted by low water, finally getting this beast on film was quite the accomplishment!"
    Park officials said they arrived after the plunge and asked the crew to leave the property.

I know why they made them leave, but these guys are pros. I would let them do in a controlled way to bring notoriety to Noccalula Park. It is wonderful place. Loved the GoPro video footage too.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Too much of a liability issue. It could easily have been "Three men injured/killed while filming kayaking stunt at Noccalula Falls" and if it had been done with the consent of the park service, it would have been worse. Good publicity isn't worth people risking their lives.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Too much of a liability issue. It could easily have been "Three men injured/killed while filming kayaking stunt at Noccalula Falls" and if it had been done with the consent of the park service, it would have been worse. Good publicity isn't worth people risking their lives.
    Let them sign a waiver and have medical folks on hand. The world record for this is 186'. This wasn't even close.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    The world record for this is 186'. This wasn't even close.
    But it was still bad ass.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information