Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Vertigo

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor

Vertigo

Has anyone here every have a bad case of Vertigo?

I developed an inner ear infection and I have a bad case of vertigo, it feels like I am having a constant state of being really badly intoxicated

I have thrown up about 20 times in the last 3 days, have only been able to sleep for about 4 hours total in the last 3 nights

My ear hurts like someone is jabbing a needle in my inner ear

This has to be one of the worst illnesses I have ever had. I cant stand up without holding onto something, the only time where I feel the best is in a sitting position and not moving my head

From what I read, this could last a couple weeks..... errrrr
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    have you seen the apple pie thread. it might help

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Have you seen a doctor?

In the meantime, dramamine, an over-the-counter vertigo medication, might help. Good luck!

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoestring View Post
    Has anyone here every have a bad case of Vertigo?

I developed an inner ear infection and I have a bad case of vertigo, it feels like I am having a constant state of being really badly intoxicated

I have thrown up about 20 times in the last 3 days, have only been able to sleep for about 4 hours total in the last 3 nights

My ear hurts like someone is jabbing a needle in my inner ear

This has to be one of the worst illnesses I have ever had. I cant stand up without holding onto something, the only time where I feel the best is in a sitting position and not moving my head

From what I read, this could last a couple weeks..... errrrr
    Have you talked to a doctor? I worked with a guy who had this happen out of the blue one night, and it lasted several days or weeks. They did all sorts of tests, so I kind of presume it could lead to or be a sign of something major...
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Happened to my uncle. I work with him and it happened while he was on duty and driving a squad. Had to basically stop in the street because everything got blurry and he got dizzy.

Got a ride to the hospital, treated for vertigo and got a few days off work.

No last side effects and it hasn't come back.

Apparently there's particles in the fluid in your inner ear that float around, and sometimes they can get hung up or stuck in there. From what I recall that's what caused his spell.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    Turns out that getting cold water squirted into your ear will also induce vertigo for a couple of minutes. My brother went to the doc awhile back for a sinus infection. The doc said he was going to have to flush his ear out before he could look into it, but he didn't have warm water. My brother thought it wasn't any big deal so they used cold water. He about passed out from getting so dizzy.

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    possibly this? My Dad had it.

Meniere's disease is an inner ear disorder that affects balance and hearing.
    Meniere
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    I went to the Doc on Tuesday and I have been out of work since, anytime I get up, i get sick, I can sit as long as i am not moving my head around

I have a viral infection on the inner part of the ear (not the ear drum)

I was told this could last a couple weeks; I am so disoriented that I am hating life at the moment
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Gaaah, viral, that sucks. Sadly with it being an ear thing, there's not a lot that can be done. Don't move too fast, as it would make the fluid in your ear wobble around more. Try to keep your head relatively stationary. Munching on crystallized Ginger may help with the nausea. Beyond that, you may have to just wait it out. Maybe an anti-inflamatory for the pain, advil or the like?

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Hope you get better soon!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Yes. I got out of bed one morning and the whole room spun. Instant nausea, disorientation, confusion, it was horrible. Mine was just an inner ear infection but it lasted about 3 days. I definitely sympathize with you.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I am so sorry to hear that, Shoestring. I hope that you're feeling better sooner rather than later.

Thread Information