Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Tattoos

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor

Tattoos

i was thinking of getting my son's names tattooed on the back of one of my calfs, not visable at work so public wouldn't see their names while working but since i work in a small community everyone knows my boys anyways and are well like

what are your guys/gals views on tattoos?

i have always wanted a couple but hesitate because of how they will look when i am old

i also thought it would be cool to put one foot print of when they where born on the back of my calfs instead

i know that they say when you have kids you love them like you have never loved anything close before and that is very true in my case. looking for my friends on here for your views
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoestring View Post
    i was thinking of getting my son's names tattooed on the back of one of my calfs, not visable at work so public wouldn't see their names while working but since i work in a small community everyone knows my boys anyways and are well like

what are your guys/gals views on tattoos?

i have always wanted a couple but hesitate because of how they will look when i am old

i also thought it would be cool to put one foot print of when they where born on the back of my calfs instead

i know that they say when you have kids you love them like you have never loved anything close before and that is very true in my case. looking for my friends on here for your views
    I have a portrait tatt of my oldest son on my left arm and getting a portrait tatt of my little one on my right arm this march
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

213th is offline Solipsist
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I have a couple tattoos but first kid isn't quite here yet so my tattoos are related to other things. I just kept them where they'd be out of sight in uniform.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    All of mine are covered by long sleeves, I say go for it, I love tattoos.

www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Whatever. I got a couple; got them in the Army whilst a teen (Columbus, Ga &Norfolk, Va). Never had a problem. My old agency wrote a policy a while back that said no visible tats for new hires. Meant nothing.....if you knew who to blow.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I've got 6, all are covered if I wear a shirt and socks. Most people who know me don't know I have any. If the ink means something to you, go for it. I like the idea of footprints instead of names, but I'm not a huge fan of words for tats.

McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    I have three and would like a few more, but the finances haven't been there. I have a tribal that goes from my bicep to my forearm that's visible when in short sleaves. I get more compliments than anything on it. I want a western style dragon on my back at some point and I have a Rebel flag that I want to get covered up that I got when I was 19. To cover it up, I plan on getting a shield, similar to a cav shield, black with the blue stripe in it. I would also like to get a Scottish flag at some point.
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by McCrackhd View Post
    I have three and would like a few more, but the finances haven't been there.
    Maybe you could do it yourself or have a friend do it....

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    Out of curiosity, why on your calf? You can't see it unless you contort yourself.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesCopPodz View Post
    Out of curiosity, why on your calf? You can't see it unless you contort yourself.
    I dont know, I like the idea, for me I wouldnt have to contort, I am slim

I have been thinking about it for a long time, I would love a sleeve, but with promotions coming etc, I am trying to be careful of presentation until I get what I want. I dont think there would be any type of problems at my department but its a playing it safe kinda thing right now.

I think I want to do the foot prints, but I think I will do each boy on each leg.
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

warrants 1 is offline Cuffing & Stuffing for 12 years now...
    Verified LEO
    Do it...You'll always have your kids. Not always true about wives/girlfriends.

IMGreat101 is online now The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I am not a tat person at all.

I have enough scars from operations.

That is tat enough.
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have two. I know I shouldn't get them but I do anyway. I would like to get another. I would also like to cover my old one but my wife will disown me. Hmmm...

The one on my left shoulder. It is a family crest I designed.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

GunmetalGray is offline At the reloading bench...
    Verified LEO
    I have 3. Most people besides my wife and friends don't know I have them.

Once I trim down again, I plan to get one more, and have two of my current ones covered up with new designs. Darn youthful bad decisions.

At least black tats are easy to blend into a new black design.

Thread Information