Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Magnum440 is offline Older Than Dirt
    Verified LEO

What Did I Just Do?

A retired LEO fishing/hunting buddy just sent this to me. I remember seeing it some time ago, but don't see it in LEF.

> ABSOLUTELY TRUE STORY HEARD ON A WISCONSIN RADIO STATION REPORTING ON THE INCIDENT.
    >
    > A guy buys a new Lincoln Navigator for $42,500.00 (with monthly payments of $560.00).
    > He and a friend go duck hunting in mid-winter; and of course all of the lakes are frozen.
    >
    > These two guys go on a lake with their GUNS, a DOG, and of course the New NAVIGATOR.
    > They decide they want to make a natural looking water area for the ducks, something for the decoys to float on. Now, making a hole in the ice large enough to invite a passing duck is going to take a little more power than the average drill auger can produce.
    >
    > So, out of the back of the new Navigator comes a stick of dynamite with a short 40 second-fuse. Now our two Rocket Scientists, afraid they might slip on the ice while trying to run away after lighting the fuse (and becoming toast, along With the Navigator), decide on the following course of action: they light the 40-second fuse; then, with a mighty thrust, they throw the stick of dynamite as far away as possible.
    > Remember a couple of paragraphs back when I mentioned the NAVIGATOR, the GUNS, and the DOG...???
    > Let's talk about the dog: A highly trained Black Lab used for RETRIEVING. Especially things thrown by the owner.
    >
    > You guessed it: the dog takes off across the ice at a high rate of speed and grabs the stick of dynamite, with the burning 40-second fuse, just as it hits the ice.
    >
    > The two men swallow, blink, start waving their arms and, with veins in their necks swelling
    > to resemble stalks of rhubarb, scream and holler at the dog to stop. The dog, now apparently cheered on by his master, keeps coming.
    >
    > One hunter panics, grabs the shotgun and shoots the dog. The shotgun is loaded with #8 birdshot, hardly big enough to stop a Black Lab. The dog stops for a moment, slightly confused then continues on.
    >
    > Another shot, and this time the dog, still standing, becomes really confused and of course terrified, thinks these two geniuses have gone insane. The dog takes off to find cover, under the brand new Navigator.
    > The men continue to scream as they run. The red-hot exhaust pipe on the truck touches the dog?s rear end; he yelps, drops the dynamite under the truck and takes off after his master. Then
    >
    >
    >
    > """""""""BOOOOOOOOOOOOM""""""" """!! !!!
    >
    >
    > The truck is blown to bits and sinks to the bottom of the lake, leaving the two idiots standing there with... "I can't believe this just happened" looks on their faces.
    > The insurance company says that sinking a vehicle in a lake by illegal use of explosives is NOT COVERED by the policy. He still had yet to make the first of those $560.00 a month payments...The dog is okay...
    >
    > Newspaper item from Wisconsin...
    >
    > AND THEY MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE IN THE SOUTH?!!!
    Facta non verba
    "The good Lord set definite limits on man's wisdom, but set no limits on his stupidity and that's not fair!" Konrad Adenauer,

Roses is offline Member
    "ouch"!

Sometimes you wish that the electricity went out and this would be one of them.

I'm glad the dog is ok!

Snopes?
    http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/1369/rosekdrosetransp9fk2eb.gif

A Smile

A smile cost nothing, but gives so much.

It enriches those who receive it,
    without making poorer those who give.
    It takes but a moment, but the memory
    of it sometimes lasts forever.

None is so rich or mighty that he
    can get along without it,
    and none is so poor but that
    he can be made rich by it.

A smile creates happiness in the home,
    fosters goodwill in business,
    and is the countersign of friendship.

It brings rest to the weary,
    cheer to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad,
    and it is nature's best antidote for trouble.

Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed,
    or stolen, for it is something that is of no
    value to anyone until it is given away.

Some people are too tired to give you a smile.
    Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile
    so much as he who has no more to give.

- author unknown

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    That kind of blows.
    This message was brought to you by Tampons. We
    aren't the best thing in the world but we are right up
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYie3bB3OU

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    My sympathies..

are with the dog.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Welpe is offline Wannabe NFL Ref
    http://www.snopes.com/critters/cruelty/dynamite.asp

I know, I'm cruel and heartless.
    "To the German commander: 'Nuts!' The American Commander" - General Tony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne Division

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    hahaha I was about to do it Welpe but I couldn't

mainedawg is offline da dawg
    This is one of those posts that I have to read it a few times and just sit here and wonder, "did I just read that right"? I still would have to say, I would rather go hunting with them, then go on a car ride with a Kennedy

Thread Information