Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Chicago police preparing for demonstrations against G-8 and NATO

Even if everything goes according to plan, the first day of the G-8summit will be a very trying Saturday in May for the Chicago Police Department.

At least two major demonstrations are planned for downtown, and organizers of both want to send crowds of marchers down Michigan Avenue in the middle of the day. And those are just the ones police know about because demonstration leaders sought city permits.

Police officials have estimated that 2,000 to 10,000 demonstrators may show up in search of a global spotlight during the three days of the overlapping Group of Eight and North Atlantic Treaty Organization meetings, but some experts believe the crowds could swell to multiples of that range.
    More here: Chicago police prepare for G-8, NATO demonstrations - chicagotribune.com

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    As one who planned for and lived through the WTO (Battle in Seattle) fiasco, I wish them the best of luck.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Thread Information