Welcome to the APBWeb.
    GM7203 Guest

FYI :Ammo prices are going up.

I just saw a memo from Winchester, that as of July 1, 2006, they will be increasing ammo prices by 6%.
    I live in Michigan, and saw the memo at my local police equipent supplier today, however I would think it's a nationwide price hike.

zpd307 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    just like everything else!

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Probably has something to do with oil prices go figure.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

GM7203 Guest
    Yeah, how is it that every time someone on an oil tanker gets a fart caught crossways, every damn thing in the US goes up in price?

BigBossMan is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    I'm going to the range to shoot tomorrow morning. I'll ask them if they heard anything about that. That would sure suck!!

FishTail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GM7203
    Yeah, how is it that every time someone on an oil tanker gets a fart caught crossways, every damn thing in the US goes up in price?
    Because virtually every commodity is transported at some point by means of petroleum-based transport. Oil goes up, gas goes up, cost of transport goes up so prices go up to cover the costs.

GM7203 Guest

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by LongTail
    Because virtually every commodity is transported at some point by means of petroleum-based transport. Oil goes up, gas goes up, cost of transport goes up so prices go up to cover the costs.
    I own a semi, and I shut it down a month ago. It is sitting in the driveway, because I can't afford to operate, or have it operated anymore.

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    My distributers have told me that the prices will go up. They havent given me a set amount but i am buying as much as i can right now.

mxwelch is offline Kalashnikitty
    I just bought 1400 .308 and 500 .223, it looks like it's time to hurry up and triple it.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    It's crap like this that makes me think that alternate weapons aren't a bad idea. But I get looked at oddly every time I step out for either sword or archery practice.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I bought a 1000-round case of 9mm Blazer from Academy because I was too lazy to reload last week - Was $80 a few weeks ago, now is $100. My FFL says that's not the end of it.

Metal prices are skyrocketing, partially due to fuel prices, and partially due to the uncertainties of wars with Iran, etc. The ongoing war and training Iraqi recruits has also caused a lot of ammo loading machinery that's normally used for civilian ammo to be diverted to military use - But the metal prices are now the main problem.

7.62x39 is starting to trickle in from Russia again, so I think those prices dropped back a bit - It was held up in customs or something, according to rumors.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 05-12-06 at 11:11 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Thread Information