Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JLK View Post
    we are going to the droid bionic for our department device. i have one and love it.
    I would suggest the U.S. Cop App to your department since y'all are all 21st Century.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ki.UScop&hl=en

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Of all the Nexus owners, has anyone encrypted there phone yet?

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Nope
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Jim1348 is online now Rookie
    Verified LEO

Smart Phone Suggestions

Jks9199.

What carrier do you use?

Jim1348

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Of all the Nexus owners, has anyone encrypted there phone yet?
    No. I'm not sure what the impact will be on performance. I can remotely lock and wipe my phone if need be.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    No. I'm not sure what the impact will be on performance. I can remotely lock and wipe my phone if need be.
    That is why I asked. What app are you using to secure and locate your phone?

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Jks9199.

What carrier do you use?

Jim1348
    Currently on Verizon, very happy with the coverage in my area on Verizon. Used to have to go outside the house at home with an issued Nextel/Sprint.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That is why I asked. What app are you using to secure and locate your phone?
    Lookout and I recently began playing with Avast anti-theft.

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    Lookout and I recently began playing with Avast anti-theft.
    Keep me posted. I didn't like the part about the Avast anti-theft needing me to allow it to download from non-market apps.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Keep me posted. I didn't like the part about the Avast anti-theft needing me to allow it to download from non-market apps.
    If you're rooted Avast disguises itself and installs from recovery. It makes it powerful and difficult to remove by a thief.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Yeah it had me rename it. I just need to read up on it a bit more. The anti theft and recovery part is what I'm really interested in.

Verified LEO
    Well -- I up & did it... Upgraded to a Samsung Nexus. We'll see how it does...

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Just in time for the upgrade too.

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Hubby has this phone Casio G'zOne Commando and loves it. It's really durable and doesn't give him any problems as far as functionality.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    How are you liking the Nexus Jks?

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by abom334 View Post
    I will take my iphone 4GS over any android phone anyday.
    I love my iPhone 4 and can't wait for the 5 to come out this fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by krauty View Post
    I have had a Samsung Galaxy SII for a few months, great phone.
    Autumn had that and it gave her all kinds of problems. AT&T replaced it two times. She finally got the iPhone 4S
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

Verified LEO
    How are you liking the Nexus Jks?
    So far, like it a lot. Though I had trouble figuring out how to answer the phone! LOL They tweaked it just enough that it wasn't intuitive to me; I touched the alert then tried to slide the answer rather than sliding the alert to answer...

There's plenty I'm still figuring out about the phone, but I'm definitely happy with it. It's big, though! LOL Especially in an Otterbox.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Went with the Otterbox Defender myself. I sat on the phone with no damage. I'll try to find a good guide for ya.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information