Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: Move this thread to Public Side?

Voters
9.2233720368548E+18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9,223,372,036,854,800,384 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bath Salts

spcwes is offline Wookie!!!!
    Verified LEO

Bath Salts

So let’s talk about bath salts for a bit since we are starting to find them in my sleepy little city. I have talked about the different types of effects these designer type drugs are causing with a ER doctor that also subs as a swat officer with a larger PD in my area. He told me outside of making you want to chew a naked mans face off for the hell of it they are great…….well actually he said that based on their findings they are possibly the most dangerous narcotic to hit our streets in American in a long time.

He also went on to state that the chemicals used to manufacture the drug are going to be increasingly hard to regulate and that the drugs are extremely addictive (meth/heroin addictive). Some of effects that will be present are increased body temp/hallucinations/numbed pain receptors (LSD), euphoria and warming sensation as it passes into the bloodstream (heroin), and extreme blood pressure and heart rate spikes, adrenal gland dumps (meth). Some of you in more populated areas are dealing with this more than me and I would love some insight on what you are seeing. This particular doctor explained that based on the effects of these drugs he predicts violent encounters between users and law enforcement are going to skyrocket over the new few years and I might tend to agree with him. Your thoughts?
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

For he is God's servant to do you good, but if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

The opinions expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions of my Agency or my Agency Heads.

Verified LEO
    It seems with us we are smaller municipality next to a rather large one and the people trying to avoid the saturation of the larger departments are trying to move their distribution and using of said narcotics to smaller towns with less police presence. The products we are working against are not illegal yet and are still sold at gas stations and other fine business establishments. All of what I have found test a strong positive for meth with our kits but do not at the lab level. What are seeing is no pain compliance at all with any tool we have at our disposal.

The larger city we are close to has stated that nothing works, and from recent news and OIS’s I have had a chance to read reports on not only are batons, pepper and physical compliance NOT working at all but nether are bullets unless they hit spine or brain. I guess tasers have worked alright as long as they are able to circuit a large enough muscle group to get them into restraints but at that point EMT’s are having to drug the people with a very powerful tranquilizer or the suspects will fight against the restrains so hard they tear skin and break bones. Here is to hoping we get some law in place to stop the rapid distribution.
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

For he is God's servant to do you good, but if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

The opinions expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions of my Agency or my Agency Heads.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ohio enacted law on Bath Salts (MDPV and all variations) last fall. We've seen businesses begin to carry it again because the formula changed according to those supplying it to retail. Fortunately, Ohio's law, and in my case our city was pretty proactive in taking measures to ensure that even with a formula change, it's covered within the same section. Our city enacted an emergency ordinance last summer against sale and possession to cover us until the State's law was in effect.

I've noticed a lot of the same behavior and problems you guys have mentioned above. One of the big things that stand out in my experience with it, is that the dellusions are a lot more realistic. The ones seen here have been plausible, but unlikely. For example, one user was convinced that he was hearing his entire family (including mother, grandmother, and grandfather) having sex with his girlfriend. Another (that I nearly shot during the apprehension) was convinced that a former military colleague had become an assasin, and his associate who was a woman from Germany had broken into his home and knocked him unconcious. As he came to, he saw her running out of the door and taking up a "surveillance post" in a car in a tow yard. He obtained a sledge hammer and began smashing the windshield out of the car. When a tow truck driver pulled in with another car, he dropped the sledge hammer, took the flashlight from the truck driver, brandished a large hunting knife and began his "quest" to find and kill the woman. When I located him, he was muttering about me being an accomplice, and was refusing commands to drop the knife. They are convinced that what they see and hear are real, and while the incidents they report are far fetched, most of them could actually happen. It's not just the pink elephants and zombies. I've been fairly successful explaining that I believe they see and hear what they report, but I just didn't see them. It's helped calm a bit, and set the hooks to further "help" them.

Users have ranged in age from teens and young adults, to people in their fifties like the guy with the knife above.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    We are seeing bath salts incidents increasing here big time. It seems we are seeing even more incidents since our state made a law against them. I haven't heard what our local narcotics unit is doing, if anything, about them yet. Basically the gas stations are still selling the bath salts, but just doing it secretly. They don't care, they are just wanting to make money. I have a feeling that this summer is going to be an all timer, and the bath salts are going to contribute their share of the mayhem. People high on that stuff are just on a whole other planet. Had a guy on bath salts night before last who was panicking because he could not get out of his unlocked truck. He was sweating so much from trying to get out, the truck windows looked like the sex scene from Titanic.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    Huge increase here too. Biggest symptoms we've been seing is extreme paranoia
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    We visited this about a year or so ago on this forum,and not to many were familiar at that time.The very moment I was getting shot(11/11/2010),my personal physicians son was commiting suicide because of them.My Dr. later went on the Today show about it,and La. has enacted one of the strictest laws so far (I beleive) in the U.S. against them.BEWARE,for the old timers on here,this shit is 5X worse than angel dust+qualudes,these people do NOT feel pain,they KNOW you are out to kill them so they WILL try to take you out first.

Broke Hoss is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    The use of "Salts" is picking up around here. I was involved in an incident back in Feb where the suspect was on them; of course we didn't know it at the time. He went on a mini-crimespree & didn't seem to mind drawing attention to himself. He drove his truck through an overhead door at a storage unit; used a fire extinguisher to burglarize a car in a parking lot as employees were arriving for work; and drove through a chainlink fence across from a residential area to steal a trailer.

NO acknowledgement of us during verbal commands. And his "1000 yard stare" clued me that he was on something. We went hands on & quickly escalated to hard empty hands, joint manipulation & strikes. This guy felt NO pain. Another thing I noticed during this time was the suspect was not responding to us verbally in any way. Every little bit, he would growl & this seemed to give him more strength/resistance. During this, he was grabbing at our belts & managed to get my partner's radio & hit him with it.

The Taser was effective, until we knocked a probe loose rolling him over to cuff him. Then the fight was on again. We ended up with 3 of us (each over 200 lbs) on a guy that was 5'9"/170. We finally got him in custody by flat choking his ass out.

The guy was wringing wet with sweat & we were cautious of Excited Delirium; so we called medical. He made the trip to the hospital fine, but then exploded again. This time it took 5 guys to get him down & in cuffs.

When CID was able to talk to him, he didn't even remember driving the 3 hrs to our fair city from his hometown where his escapades had actually started. We cleared several cases for them and 2 in smaller towns in between us.

A quote from my son (also an officer): "It says NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION!! It was a test, obviously you failed it."
    Blessed are the the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. MATT 5:10

CW Mock is offline Trooper
    Verified LEO
    Ever see "28 Days later?"

It's like that. If you are lucky. Sometimes its worse, LOL!

It's not super prevalent here yet. I work mostly highway, so my experiences are mostly backing up the city and county guys, and adding to the Pig Pile necessary for some of these crazy, monkey strong freaks. Closest thing I have seen to that freak strong was PCP, and the person was just as freaked out and delusional.

Not a fan of Bath Salts.
    abom334 likes this.
    "I have an open door policy on tickets ... if I have to open my door, you are getting a ticket. If I turn on those lights, somebody has to pay the electric bill."

The opinions given in my posts and comments
    DO NOT reflect any of the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "CW Mock" on LEF/Officer Resource.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    We had people commit and attempt to commit suicide, call that they were being chased by werewolves and zombies (legitimate, honest to God reports that they were being chased),
    When the real zombie invasion starts, humans will be caught off guard because they'll think the first witnesses were just suffering from chemical delusions. Or maybe the real zombie invasion has already started, and these chemicals are what started them!

Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    I was working the night the drug became illegal (at midnight.) I arrested the first guy in our city for possession of mephedrone at 0120 hrs. Our narcotics guys have said, at that point, not a single other agency they work with had seen, experienced, or even heard of plant food. It was strictly an issue in our city. So, based on that, I'm almost positive I had the first plant food arrest in the state of MN.
    Congratulations! There will be a special place for you in the Zombie War history books!

Verified LEO
    Yea one of the stories I heard coming into my department here a while back was the guy that was staring at the fuzz on his tv screen melting into a recliner. He was sweating so bad the chair was dripping on the floor and they had to tear the chair apart to get him to let go of it.
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Verified LEO
    I took a picture from Southland's FB page and added a caption....

bath_salts.jpg
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    We ended up with 3 of us (each over 200 lbs) on a guy that was 5'9"/170.
    This is not going to work for guys my size. Articulation will be the key.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    3 young teens ODed on it here last night. All collapsed and went to the hospital. Also got a DUI with another one using bath salts last night.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Verified LEO
    Not too long after I wondered if our narcotics unit/drug task force was doing anything about the gas stations selling the bath salts......

Blitz attack on designer drug sales nets 7 arrests

MUNCIE -- In their actions, if not their words, local authorities on Monday declared war on those who sell bath salts in the Muncie area.

Delaware County Prosecutor Jeffrey Arnold stood at a podium outside the downtown Justice Center early Monday afternoon and announced seven arrests stemming from "a nine-month undercover investigation" of the selling, at local convenience stores, of the designer drugs, concocted to mimic the impact of other illegal substances like LSD and methamphetamine.

Behind Arnold stood Muncie Police Chief Steve Stewart, Delaware County Sheriff Mike Scroggins and his chief deputy, Jason Walker. Their departments a few hours earlier had led raids at a half-dozen stores -- five in Muncie and one in Yorktown -- and three apartments, in the Orchard Apartments in the 700 block of East Centennial Avenue, along with a residence in Indianapolis.

The 10 raids, conducted by teams comprised of six officers, were launched about 9:30 a.m., and all were completed in the span of about one minute, according to Arnold.

Blitz attack on designer drug sales nets 7 arrests

---------------------------------------------------------

Coordinated raids catch residents off guard

The sight of police cars pulling into the BP parking lot was the first sign to Amanda Gregory something was wrong.

She went to work at the Phillips 66 gas station -- across the Centennial and Wheeling avenues intersection from the BP station -- ready to begin Monday morning as soon as she could.

Shortly after 9 a.m., police cars swarmed the area, crime scene tape blocked entrances to the station and Gregory grew concerned, not only about the safety of the employees across the street, but her own as well.

"I started to freak out. I was kind of scared, to tell you the truth. I thought maybe they were robbed and someone got shot. Something like that," Gregory said. "I called my manager right away and asked her what I should do. Believe me, it freaked me out."

Until she heard from her manager and other customers that no one was hurt. There was an illegal bath salt and spice raid at the station.

And not only that station, but at five other gas stations throughout the county. The raid, which was the culmination of a nine-month undercover investigation of the sale at local convenience stores of "bath salts" -- drugs designed to mimic the impact of street drugs like LSD and methamphetamine, was carried out by Muncie Police Department, Delaware County Sheriff's Department and the Indiana State Police.

Coordinated raids catch residents off guard
    Ducky likes this.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    IndianaFuzz, I noticed a certain commonality in the names of the owners / arrested. One big, happy, drug peddling family?

* Harpreet Singh, 26
    * Hardeep "Tony" Singh, 31
    * Kameljit Singh.
    * Kulyinber Singh.
    * Manpreetpal Singh.
    * Phulbir Singh.

And in case the name waters weren't muddy enough, there's this gem

The remaining five defendants were apparently listed in court documents by names other than what they later gave authorities -- and were booked into the Delaware County jail under -- on Monday.

They face a variety of charges -- all of a similar nature to those filed against Harpreet and Hardeep Singh -- that could not be specified Monday night because of the changes in names used.

Prosecutor Arnold also said it was possible that one man had been charged under two different names.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    This is not going to work for guys my size. Articulation will be the key.
    Be sure to mention the zombies....

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    As soon as one of them comes back from the dead I'll be right on that.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    As soon as one of them comes back from the dead I'll be right on that.
    Just say that bath salt using informants swear the zombies already have come back from the dead. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information