Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Cidp24
  • 3 Post By Ducky
  • 1 Post By Tango Zulu 22
  • 1 Post By Five-0

Thread: Custody battle between rescuers and owner who abandoned injured dog for 8 days on a mountain

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Custody battle between rescuers and owner who abandoned injured dog for 8 days on a mountain

A group of Colorado mountain climbers rescued a German Shepard named Missy from 13,000 feet, where the dog's owner abandoned her. Missy was stranded for eight days before two hikers found her close to death and bloodied. In a strange twist of fate, the owner wants custody of Missy again - a privilege the animal-loving hikers think the man lost when he left the canine to die.

Read more: German Shepard custody battle: Colorado couple rallies fellow climbers to save abandoned dog from mountain - NY Daily News

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Strangers found a way to get the dog to safety, so could the owner. No, he should not get the dog back.
    lewisipso and Wolven like this.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    He abandoned the dog. Enough said. He gave up all claims of ownership when he left her to die cold, alone and starving.
    Buttercup, lewisipso and Wolven like this.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    fuck him
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    fuck him
    Good point.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    Strand the owner on the same mountain, injured in the same manner as the dog was found, with no food or water.

He/she survives, they can keep the dog.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Tango Zulu 22 is offline Duncopperin!
    Verified LEO
    Now that the owner has put his head above the parapet, prosecute him for animal cruelty.
    Ducky likes this.
    A common mistake made when trying to come up with a totally foolproof design is to completely underestimate the innate ingenuity of fools.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you but it's still there on my list of options, so are you coming quietly.........?

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Update:
    - The owner of a dog that was abandoned after being injured near Mt. Bierstadt will face animal cruelty charges.

"We base that on information we learned that the dog had been up there for eight days in this rugged terrain. The weather had been inclement on certain days with rain and snow and the fact that he made little attempt to go back up and get the dog or try to make any other arraignments to retrieve the dog and get it back," Sgt. Rick Safe with the Clear Creek County Sheriff's Department said.
    More here: Man Leaves Dog On Mountain, Faces Cruelty Charges | digtriad.com

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango Zulu 22 View Post
    Now that the owner has put his head above the parapet, prosecute him for animal cruelty.

This actually happened in my neighborhood. I thought I was the last person that would police his neighborhood. Other neighbors called in a neglected animal at a house they thought was being foreclosed on. The German Shepherd had no food, what water was there was black, and no one had been seen around the animal's closet sized kennel for a week. Our lazier than $hit animal control officer informed me he would not get the dog from private property unless I was charging someone. Told the slap dick to get off his couch because I'm starting the paper right now. Long story short, I contact the sorry MFer aka the owner and told him to surrender the dog or the warrant for animal neglect/cruelty would be signed. No court, no fines, and Bear (yep I named him at the shelter) got to go to a good home. Actually a cop from another JD was interested because the shelter would not adopt him out due to barely passing the socialization test. Don't feed me for a week, give me the same test, and I won't pass either. The MRer aka former owner must have thought I was bluffing. A $3000 bond later, and he thought better of that prospect. Hurt an animal without cause around me, and you will become a project.
    Wolven likes this.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Hurt an animal without cause around me, and you will become a project.
    I'm still trying to prove who I think was the owner of Arielle before I found her. That will be a good day...for me.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information