Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What's you OCD?

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

What's you OCD?

What's your OCD? Mine is green beans. If there are green beans either on my plate or in my food, I have to eat them first. (actually, that's just one of many!)
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    The lock on hubby's car trunk has a cover that he never, ever flips back down. I HAVE to fix it.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I hate to walk through a doorway first, under normal circumstances. I don't mind being first in on an entry/search warrant, etc but if I am just walking up to a restaurant or somewhere, I will hold the door and follow whoever is with me.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Don't know... Banks of light switches bug me if they're all mixed up, some up, some down. Trash in the kitchen sink.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    i WONT at any cost grab the top lid for a fountain drink. Doesn't matter if its at Sheetz or 7-11 or Subway, I grab a stack and take a middle one.
    Usually don't take the first cup either
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    i WONT at any cost grab the top lid for a fountain drink. Doesn't matter if its at Sheetz or 7-11 or Subway, I grab a stack and take a middle one.
    Usually don't take the first cup either
    That reminds me of another of mine - I won't take the top newspaper in a stack. I reach for the middle.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Bunch of weirdos.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    I had to think hard about this. I really don't have many OCDs. I guess my big one is that when I start a shift, I HAVE to have a full tank of gas in the cruiser or it will drive me nuts. Doesn't matter if the tank is above 3/4 when I get in. I will pull to the pumps and top it off.
    Pudge likes this.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesCopPodz View Post
    I had to think hard about this. I really don't have many OCDs. I guess my big one is that when I start a shift, I HAVE to have a full tank of gas in the cruiser or it will drive me nuts. Doesn't matter if the tank is above 3/4 when I get in. I will pull to the pumps and top it off.
    I can't start a trip without topping off the tank. Even if it's just a couple of gallons, I have to top it off. I get all paranoid if I don't. Fortunately I also get car sick unless I'm driving, so it's easy to make that stop.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    I can't start a trip without topping off the tank. Even if it's just a couple of gallons, I have to top it off. I get all paranoid if I don't. Fortunately I also get car sick unless I'm driving, so it's easy to make that stop.
    In my personal car, it doesn't bother me. If it's a long trip then I'll fill up, but in at work, I top off no matter what.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    My uniform. It has to look a certain way. It doesn't take long to iron it since there isn't much material.
    pac201 likes this.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    I have so many OCD quirks I dont even know where to begin lol
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Then there's the feaking monkeys! I hate monkeys!
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

cajunguy is online now I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    Then there's the feaking monkeys! I hate monkeys!
    With me, it's the voices. It's ALWAYS the voices.

And no one else seems to be able to hear them. Just me.

The voices. I HATE those voices!

There they go - - AGAIN!!! Anybody else hear them? Didn't think so.

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'm like Wolven...I have too many to list.

I legitimately think I would be diagnosed as an OCD case if I were to ever see a doctor about it. It really doesn't bother me but it drives my wife NUTS!

She frequently compares me to Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.
    Pudge, Wolven and astier like this.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

GunmetalGray is offline At the reloading bench...
    Verified LEO
    Keeping my hands clean.

I always make note no matter which district I'm in where I can properly wash my hands. As well as I keep clean gloves. Did I mention that I'm rarely sick?
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have way too many. I'll toss a couple of the good ones out there to take some heat on.

Home: The clutter HAS to be picked up before I go to bed. Doesn't matter what time, or how bad it gets during the day. It HAS to be picked up before I hit the sack. Even if I'm urging the kids to pick up after themselves during the day, we'll still make a sweep before bed.

The living room carpet has to be vacuumed. If I can't see lines in my carpet, even the faintest from the day before, out comes the sweeper.

More of a pet peeve than OCD, but...when my wife rearranges furniture when I'm working evenings. I swear she does it for sport, then sets an alarm to wake up just before I roll in so she can hear me run in to something that wasn't there when I left for the day or from supper break.

Work: Cruiser has to be full of gas. My gear has to be just so in my bag on the seat, and god forbid someone used my car and didn't put my seat, mirrors, MDC, etc back exactly the way it was, and it better not be covered in mud or I'll swing by the FD in a freaking monsoon to hose it off quick. Taser battery cannot be below 85% or I'll grab one that is. Getting dressed for work has been the exact same routine for the past 15 years in a uniform. My fulltime dept I get ready at home, but the part time one I change in the locker room. I almost have the routine down at work to completely mimick my home routine.

That's the tip of the iceberg. And yes, I know I'm quirky.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    My problem is the snooze button on the alarm. I just can't stop hitting it.
    Pudge likes this.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    My problem is the snooze button on the alarm. I just can't stop hitting it.
    Dont worry..you'll be back on nights again soon..
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    Dont worry..you'll be back on nights again soon..
    Anger the Goddess at your peril.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information