Welcome to the APBWeb.
    zone4_car is offline Remember, the eyes of the world are upon you

Questions about equipment

In the next few months we received word that some changes are going to be made to our department...and for the better. I hoping that we will get more things approved to use on duty that we purchase ourselves. So, does anyone know a site where I can get cheaper but good quality 5.11 tactical pants or plain black cargo uniform pants? I also would like to know if anyone wears suspenders and if they are really worth the purchase.
    WAR IS AN EVIL THING, BUT TO SUBMIT TO THE DICTATION OF OTHER STATES IS WORSE...
    FREEDOM, IF WE HOLD FAST TO IT, WILL ULTIMATELY RESTORE OUR LOSSES...
    BUT SUBMISSION WILL MEAN PERMANENT LOSS OF ALL THAT WE VALUE...
    TO YOU WHO CALL YOURSELVES MEN OF PEACE...
    I SAY: YOU ARE NOT SAFE UNLESS YOU HAVE MEN OF ACTION ON YOUR SIDE...

--THUCYDIDES

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Not really but if your looking for tactical paints look at getting SIG tactical paints, they are cheaper than 5.11 and have more pockets. (5.11 pants don't have pockets on the butt area, henceforth no place to put your wallet) Oh did I mention that SIG Tac pants are cheaper!
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

lesta311 is offline Evil is my business.......
    Depending on how far you are from Raleigh, you could try Lawmans or Bob's Surplus. Lawmans has just about everything and they can do special orders really fast. They always have the popular stuff on hand and the basics i.e. holsters, handcuffs, keepers, etc.

I was there fairly recently and they had a large selection of 5.11 tactical stuff. It may be a drive, but it's always nice to see what your buying and try it out instead of ordering it and guessing if it works. That's worth the drive in my opinion.

If your close to Greensboro, you could try Arringtons Police supply. I haven't been there in quite a while, but they have some good stuff. I mainly bought gun stuff when I went there since that's what they cater too.

I don't know anything about suspenders. They look neat and i'd be willing to give them a shot if my department permitted us to wear them.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    The suspenders seem to be ok. Lawmen's stopped carrying them due to poor sales. However, they can still order them for you.

I've never personally worn them, but I know a couple that have, and like them.

slamdunc is offline On The Beat
    Quote Originally Posted by tjpuclik2
    5.11 pants don't have pockets on the butt area, henceforth no place to put your wallet
    All the 5.11 pants I wear do have pockets on the butt. Maybe it is a different style.
    'The Art of War' teaches us to "Rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's coming, but on our own readiness to receive him"--Sun Tsu

Thread Information