• 3 Post By lewisipso
  • 1 Post By Jim1348

Thread: Stinkin' Obamacare!

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Stinkin' Obamacare!

In eight months, I have to start paying 100% of my own health insurance. If I stay with the State plan, it's going to be roughly $18,000 a year. I did some checking, and I can get a policy for my wife and I for about $450.00 a month. It's a $5000 deductable with a 10% copay after the deductable is met. The way I figure it, it'll cost me under $11,000 for virtually the same plan the state offers. The only problem is, EVERY insurance company I've contacted said that because of Obamacare, they have no idea of what their rates will be in eight months, or what they'll cover. Most of the people I talked to feel the insurance rates are going to go through the roof. Does anyone have any idea of what Obamacare really is, or what it's effect will be? Man, how did we ever manage to elect this buffoon to begin with, and how stupid is the populace to elect him again? "Affordable Health Care Bill my ass!
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    because of Obamacare, they have no idea of what their rates will be in eight months, or what they'll cover.
    Here's the issue I'm having. Our plan is already not covering things they covered in the past. Rates went up already and we don't know if they will again. That and our copay jumped from $20 to $50. I've just stopped going to the Dr. It's more affordable to just suffer and die.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I have to agree with the above posts. People are getting fucked and most are unaware it is happening.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    and how stupid is the populace to elect him again?
    If anyone will be able to change the term limits it'll be him. If it's ever pushed hard enough the people will approve it. I now have absolutely no faith in the political system whatsoever. As far as the country is concerned he is the Messiah and can do no wrong. Even if someone "conservative" runs and wins next time we'll be in so much shit it will take way more than two terms to fix it. At this point I'm not sure it's fixable at all.
    Ducky, Captain America and pgg like this.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    The amazing part is that people are still running around saying how great this will be.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    The only problem is, EVERY insurance company I've contacted said that because of Obamacare, they have no idea of what their rates will be in eight months, or what they'll cover.
    That seems really poor business planning on the part of the insurance companies. Doesn't make sense for an insurance company to not plan for the future. If an insurance company couldn't tell me what's going to happen 8 months down the road, I don't know if I'd want to do business with them. I wonder if they know what will happen and just aren't telling for some reason.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Rhino, that's the business model of the day. Cash in this quarter, the rest be.... left to someone else.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    This is the plan folks. Make it so expensive and onerous nobody can afford any private insurance. Then Obama and the government death panels will step in and take care of us. Get ready for the needle in your arm when you can no longer contribute to society and are a burden.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Jim1348 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO

Stinkin' Obamacare!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    .....Get ready for the needle in your arm when you can no longer contribute to society and are a burden.....
    Not so fast Xiphos, you have just identified a big portion of voters that re-elected him!
    ChesCopPodz likes this.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I pay my own health insurance and it's $758.56 per month (no deductible), which is absolutely outrageous.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Damn right that is.

Thread Information