Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pgg

Thread: New police vehicle could be SWAT truck, command post, or prisoner transport

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

New police vehicle could be SWAT truck, command post, or prisoner transport

Referred to as a "multi mission vehicle," the TX7 is designed to be more practical than a standard SUV police vehicle while costing hundreds of thousands of dollars less than a full assault-type SWAT truck. Carbon spokesman Stacy Dean Stephens said that most specialized police vehicles, like SWAT trucks, are not used on a frequent basis, but the TX7's 10-passenger capacity makes it a versatile vehicle for first responders.

"Command post vehicles and SWAT trucks can sit around unused for most of the year," Stephens said. "The TX7 can perform many different tasks while costing far less... including being a command post following natural disasters or acting as a prisoner transport."

The TX7 is not available with the heavier armor meaning it won't be able to be used in all extreme situations, but Stephens also said it's a much less imposing vehicle than a SWAT vehicle, which he says can "scare the community."
    Carbon Motors strikes back with new police truck

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You would think they would try and actually get their car off the ground first.
    Pudge likes this.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    You would think they would try and actually get their car off the ground first.
    Yeah, they're designing new stuff when they can't even get their original design to market? Don't get me wrong, I love their car and hope they succeed but they've been pretty quiet lately and their "2013" model is nowhere to be seen...
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Yep. With the Vic being stopped and no agency being happy with any of the new offerings they have/had the best chance they were going to get. They aren't jumping for it which means they will lose out.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Mark7 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Just more snake oil. . . . a half billion dollar back log on a 80K fleet car- is DeLorean at the helm of this company?

Big questions swirl around big Indiana business projects - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Dept. of Energy nixes Carbon Motors $310M loan application - 13 WTHR Indianapolis
    “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away”

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Like everyone else said, get your original car to market first before you go promising something else.

I saw the car in person and even wrote (a rather amateurish review) for the site. I absolutely loved it, but that was four years ago and they were promising 2012 production models on the road. So far the prototype has made a ton of stops and photo-ops while a city in Indiana had its hopes up for a global headquarters that was promised and never came to fruition.

Whats next? A purpose built K9 robot?
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    They applied for a huge loan from the feds and got denied and have put the E7 on hold. This tank is a stop gap I think to do something that might raise some money until they can build the car.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Well, Obama down sizing the Military and kissing the Terrorists asses, these will be available to patrol the City streets. They will be available at a discount from GSA or a donation the Obamas 3d term election bid.

Thread Information