• 2 Post By lewisipso
  • 1 Post By sgtbear111

Thread: Another interesting read

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Another interesting read

To lengthy to post every little tid bit. Just one of the sections I found interesting.

CIVIL DISTURBANCE OPERATIONS
    Subcourse Number MP 1005
    EDITION C
    United States Army Military Police School
    Fort McClellan, Alabama 36205-5030
    6 Credit Hours
    Edition Date: April 2006

LESSON 1
    PLAN OPERATIONS TO CONTROL A CIVIL DISTURBANCE

PART A – PLANNING

1. Mission of Military Forces during Civil Disturbances. The mission of military forces during civil
    disturbances, both in CONUS and OCONUS, which cannot be overly emphasized, is to help local and state
    authorities to restore and maintain law and order. This mission may be accomplished by breaking up
    unauthorized gatherings and by patrolling the disturbance area to prevent the commission of lawless acts.
    During operations to restore order, military forces may present a show of force, establish roadblocks, break up
    crowds, employ crowd control agents, patrol, serve as security forces or reserves, and perform other operations
    as required. Successful fulfillment of the missions will depend to a large extent upon sufficient planning,
    training, police information, and coordinated actions of individuals and units.

PART D - Operational Techniques/Application of Force

(2) The use of deadly force is authorized only under conditions of extreme necessity and as a last resort
    when all lesser means have failed or cannot be reasonably be employed. Deadly force is justified under
    one or more of the following circumstances:

(c) Assets not involving national security but inherently dangerous to others. When deadly force
    reasonably appears to be necessary to prevent the actual theft or sabotage of resources, such as
    operable weapons or ammunition, that are inherently dangerous to others; i.e., assets that, in the
    hands of an unauthorized individual, present a substantial potential danger of death or serious bodily
    harm to others. Examples include high risk portable and lethal missiles, rockets, arms, ammunition,
    explosives, chemical agents, and special nuclear material.

http://info.publicintelligence.net/U...urbanceOps.pdf
    sgtbear111 and Odd like this.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Oath-Keepers membership is growing.
    Odd likes this.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Please keep them coming, that was an interesting read and your finds are educational. We may well find ourselves under the curse of living in interesting times, but can't we learn from past mistakes?

I hope not for all.

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Use the main site address on the link lewisipso provided, lots more stuff there. Thanks lew.

Public Intelligence
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Thanks guys. I am not a google fu kind of a person. I don't care to post controversial things that come from what Bubba's cousins uncle said. I try and be careful at the items I post. Everyone can put it in whatever context they like.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information