Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Sea slugs repeatedly copulate with disposable penises

They believe this is the first creature known that can repeatedly copulate with what they describe as a "disposable penis".
    The Japanese team observed sea slugs that they had collected from shallow coral reefs around Japan. They saw the animals mate 31 times.The act took between a few seconds and a few minutes, after which the creatures would push away and shed their penises, leaving them on the floor of the tank.However, the researchers were surprised to discover that just 24-hours later, the sea slugs had regenerated their male organs and were able to mate again.Closer examination of the animals' anatomy revealed that the sea slugs had a large part of their penis coiled up in a spiral inside their bodies, which they would then use to replenish their missing part.The scientists also noted that the penis was equipped with spines.At most, the animals were able to copulate three times in succession, with each bout separated by about 24 hours.It was not clear once the internal penis was used up after these attempts whether the animal's sex life - at least the male part of it - was effectively over or - after a few weeks or months - the organ could regrow.
    BBC News - Sea slug's 'disposable penis' surprises

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Well. I guess it is true about some women then. Your dick will fall off if you stick it in her
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    Well. I guess it is true about some women then. Your dick will fall off if you stick it in her
    If a guy came at me with a spiny one he'd better hope it fell off BEFORE he touched me with it.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information