Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Mosquito the size of a quarter increasing in Florida

One of the most ferocious insects you've ever heard of it's the size of a quarter and its painful bite has been compared to being knifed is set to invade Florida this summer.
    And as adults, the voracious pests feed day and night (unlike everyday mosquitoes, which generally feed only at dawn and dusk). Their bodies are strong enough to bite through clothing, and they're known to go after pets, wild animals and even fish, MyFoxOrlando.com reports.
    "It's about 20 times bigger than the sort of typical, Florida mosquito that you find," Anthony Pelaez of Tampa's Museum of Science and Industry told Fox Orlando. "And it's mean, and it goes after people, and it bites, and it hurts."

Gallinippers! Monster mosquitoes poised to strike Florida - Science

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    That thing is about big enough to stand flat footed and mate with a turkey.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Thread Information