Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: This is an outrage!

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

This is an outrage!

This Officer was killed while on duty, yet because it was her husband that ambushed and murdered her, officials from the Law Enforcement Memorial are refusing to recognize her death by placing her name on the memorial! I think that this is terrible.

Officials delay decision on adding Wauwatosa officer's name to tribute wall
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    There is a petition also to sign to convince them to change their minds. Also their AG also wrote the memorial letter saying it was a line of duty death.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    How in the hell is this not a line of duty death?
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

pgg
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    They are claiming its "domestics violence" the asshole waited for her to come out of the fire station and shot her in the head. Sounds like an ambush to me.

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    If a fatal heart attack while sitting at a desk on duty is considered a LODD, why not this?
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    If a fatal heart attack while sitting at a desk on duty is considered a LODD, why not this?
    That was my reaction. If you are riding on a commercial aircraft that crashes while your traveling because of a duty assignment and that is considered a LODD then why not this?
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    He killed her because she's his wife, not because she's a cop doing her job. I understand the reasoning, but it doesn't hurt to include her.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    He killed her because she's his wife, not because she's a cop doing her job. I understand the reasoning, but it doesn't hurt to include her.
    My belief is he killed her because she was on duty hoping that he could blame her murder on the fact that she was a cop killed in the LOD by assailants unknown and he could play the grieving husband, otherwise he would have shot her in their bed while she slept. Therefore , she was killed for being a cop doing her job.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    He may have used her job but he killed her because of domestic violence. Like I said, I understand why but I think it's splitting hairs. They sound like an insurance agency.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    He may have used her job but he killed her because of domestic violence. Like I said, I understand why but I think it's splitting hairs. They sound like an insurance agency.
    Agreed or the Obama Administration classifying a terrorist act as work place violence to deny victims and their families benefits.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    He was jealous of her being a cop, he killed BECAUSE she was a cop! This is a LODD, and until her name is on the Memorial in DC, I will not respond to requests for donations to the Memorial. I'm going to Police Week, and I'll go to the Memorial and attend the vigil in honor of all who have died in the line of duty, including officer Sabina, even if she's not officially recognized by the "committee."
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    If she was on duty at the time, then in my book it's definitely Line of Duty. Doesn't matter why she was killed or who by.
    DILLON 45 likes this.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    As most are aware, Police Week is a collaboration between NLEOMF and the FOP Grand National Lodge. I was very glad to read this from FOP National President Canterbury:

March 21, 2013

The National Fraternal Order of Police has reviewed the facts of the case surrounding the death of Officer Jennifer Sebena of the Wauwatosa Wisconsin Police Department and has made the determination that we will honor her at the National Peace Officers Memorial Service on May15th.

Jennifer’s tragic death was a result of being murdered while on duty and the FOP will call her name in our Roll Call of hero’s during the annual service that we have hosted for the past thirty-one years.

The FOP respects the decision of the National Law Enforcement Officer Memorial Fund to delay their vote on the inclusion of her name to the Memorial Wall and we anticipate participating in the discussion at the Spring Board meeting when Officer Sebena’s case will be discussed.

Sincerely,
    Chuck Canterbury
    National President
    Fraternal Order of Police
    Buttercup and IMGreat101 like this.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    +1 for the fop
    Pudge, Ducky, Buttercup and 1 others like this.
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    +1 for the FOP, -1 for the board of the NLEOMF.
    Ducky and IMGreat101 like this.

Winston Churchill

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    She was on duty at the time of her death and died while in performance of those duties. Line of duty death. Jmo
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    OK -- just playing devil's advocate...

Is every death, on duty and in uniform line of duty? If some cop tomorrow chokes on a chunk of their burrito tomorrow at lunch and dies -- is it a LODD? Or should we reserve that distinction for deaths incurred through the performance of official duties or because they were a cop?

Like I said -- I'm just playing devil's advocate. Personal opinion -- there's no reason why Officer Sebena shouldn't be honored. She was murdered on duty, and in uniform, and what I've heard says that her status as a cop was a major factor in her husband's actions.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Not apples to apples but a friend of mine that was a volunteer firefighter died on his way home from a call. He is on the Iowa Firefighters Memorial.

Choke on food or not, you are still on duty and serving. How about LEOs that are killed while on their break, whether it be a coffee house or a convenience store?
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    My belief is he killed her because she was on duty hoping that he could blame her murder on the fact that she was a cop killed in the LOD by assailants unknown and he could play the grieving husband, otherwise he would have shot her in their bed while she slept. Therefore , she was killed for being a cop doing her job.
    That's an interesting theory. Either way, she should be honored just for serving, if for nothing else.
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

pgg
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'd agree with this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-22-13, 09:15 PM
  2. 03-22-13, 08:55 PM

Thread Information