Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Police cutbacks can decrease home values

In fact, in our survey of almost 20,000 home shoppers, safety ranked above price when asked what were the most important characteristics when purchasing their next home.So, what happens when a city cuts back on services such as police officers? Our consulting team is finding numerous instances all over the country where demand is declining in certain cities and rising in neighboring cities, and we believe the change is largely attributable to deteriorating services such as police, fire and school quality.
    In Florida,
    the City of Hollywood cut its police force from 320 officers in 2007 to 305 in 2011, and violent & property crime increased from 2011 to 2012 as illustrated in the charts below.
    The nearby City of Fort Lauderdale actually increased police forces from 459 to 505 in the same time period, and experienced a 2% decline in total crime in the city.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Duh.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Thread Information