Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By IndianaFuzz
  • 1 Post By keith720

Thread: Boy Scouts will accept openly gay boys

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Boy Scouts will accept openly gay boys

After lengthy and wrenching debate, local leaders of the Boy Scouts of America have voted to open their ranks to openly gay boys for the first time, but heated reactions from the left and right made clear that the BSA's controversies are far from over.The Scouts' longstanding ban on gay adults remains in force, and many liberal Scout leaders as well as gay-rights groups plan to continue pressing for an end to that exclusion even though the BSA's top officials aren't ready for that step.Meanwhile, many conservatives within the Scouts are distraught at the outcome of the vote and some are threatening to defect. A meeting is planned for next month to discuss the formation of a new organization for boys.
    Boy Scouts Approve Plan to Accept Openly Gay Boys - ABC News

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    What I like about this is that the organization itself voted for the change, instead of having a judge tell them they have to do something. Obviously I'd like to see them allow openly gay leaders and adults. Baby steps I guess. Considering the organization's religious ties, even this much is a surprise to me.
    Pudge and Ducky like this.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    When I was in Boy Scouts, I never gave a thought to the sexual preference of the other guys. Just so they could build a fire, make a campsite and cook over an open fire, they were part of the pack. And I agree, with the "baby steps," one issue at a time.
    Pudge likes this.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Thread Information