Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

FBI runs mass killer response training program for police

The drill is part of a training program the FBI is helping run for local law enforcement agencies nationwide. Acting on a White House directive after last December's Connecticut school massacre, and partnering with a Texas-based training center, the FBI this year has been teaching best practices for responding to mass shootings."You don't need negotiators, you don't have time for SWAT teams, you need to get in there as fast as possible and stop the killing," said Chris Combs, who runs the FBI's Strategic Information and Operations Center, the headquarters command post for major emergencies, and is involved in running the program.The goal is to promote a standardized strategy as local police departments invariably the first officers to arrive respond to such shootings. Besides the tactical drills, conferences run by FBI field offices are intended to prepare local agencies for the challenges of an active shooter emergency and to let them know that federal help, including extra manpower to interview witnesses, collect evidence and manage a sprawling crime scene, is available to them.
    FBI Works to Train Police on Mass Killing Response - ABC News

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Of course these protocols were in place after Columbine with some modifications. Cops nationwide have been training for this for over a decade. But somehow it's news to the FBI and federal government like they just invented this and are sharing this revolutionary thinking with the dumb cops.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I remember planning and training for this stuff over a decade ago. Feds are way behind like normal. I shot a qual course with the local FBI guys a couple of weeks ago. They are woefully unprepared for a gun battle up here. Pretty sad when little ole me out shot their hot shots (and I suck).
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

bayern is online now Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Did they have an intensive course in Bull Shit Press conferences? When I used to go to FBI trainings, they mostly told us how great they were.

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by bayern View Post
    Did they have an intensive course in Bull Shit Press conferences? When I used to go to FBI trainings, they mostly told us how great they were.
    In between ripping off the work of honest cops, and looking for ways to screw the honest cops.

Why, no, I haven't had a bad experience or 12 with the FBI. Whatever made you think that?
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Thread Information