Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By pgg
  • 2 Post By Jks9199
  • 1 Post By Twan007

Thread: Parents send teen who grew up in the US to Siberia for over 2 years as punishment

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Parents send teen who grew up in the US to Siberia for over 2 years as punishment

Natalie Roberts, 36, sent her daughter, Sofia Petrova, from Chantilly, Virginia, to live with her biological father in the frigid city of Novosibirsk after she failed at school, ran away from home and stole $1,000. But two-and-a-half years later, the stern mother insists the teen still hasn't learned her lesson, even though she claims her dad abused her.'She had to meet two conditions to come back; finish school and show she's changed,' Roberts told People Magazine. 'She didn't.'
    Sofia is growing increasingly desperate, as when she turns 18 she'll find it tougher to get back to America. This is because she's a Russian citizen, despite growing up her whole life in America.'I can't understand it,' she told People. 'I just want to come home.'
    Last month, Sofia launched an online campaign to get home, claiming she was beaten by her father, Igor, and was so miserable she tried to commit suicide.This week, The Siberian Times reported the teen is planning to press criminal charges against Igor for alleged inappropriate behavior. In a recent visit to his flat, which was caught on video and broadcast around Russia, he is seen shoving her friend Nikita.
    Sofia was a typical American teenager attending Chantilly High School when she was sent away. She was born in Siberia and her Siberian father still lives there - but she hadn't been there since she was two and did not speak any Russian.Despite this, she was packed off almost 6,000 miles to meet her birth father Igor - who spoke no English - as an apparent punishment for her teenage transgressions.
    Originally she was told she would stay three weeks, but once in Siberia, her mother - who is a US citizen - told her that it would be much longer, and she is now well into her third year in Russia.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Maybe she should have obeyed the rules.
    Ducky likes this.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Yeah, I was kind of struck by the whole "failed school, ran away from home, and stole $1000" thing...
    Ducky and HudsonHawk like this.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

bayern is online now Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    They used to send wayward teens to the Army. Guess things have changed.

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    There were a few times growing up where my mom had told me "I'm gonna ship you to Siberia"...

these folks weren't playing...
    Jackrabbit26 likes this.
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Thread Information