Welcome to the APBWeb.
    clare911 is offline Banned

Angry Sorry i just need to vent.

Is this country going for a world record this yr. How many more Officers are going to die. It is supposed to be the other way around, them not us.

Someday's you wonder if it is actually worth putting on the uniform in the morning, and thinking wouldn't it be easier to get a nice little office job somewhere out of harms way, becaue everytime you turn on a T.V. or open a Paper there's a pic and a story about another one of our Brothers or Sisters that has been killed in the Line of duty. But then you think if we don't stand post on our ever shrinking thin blueline everyday and protect our cities and towns who will, if we take down 1 smack head or a Murderer then it's been worth it as at the end of the day there is one less on the streets to harm anyone else.

Stay Safe out there, and watch each others backs. Because if we don't look after each other no one else will, then we'll just be another Plague on the wall and another folded flag on some loved ones shelf.

Clare. NYPD

NptDsp is offline Rookie
    Anytime, it's completely understandable. Stay safe and thank you for doing a job very few do or can do.

deputy29 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    I'm sure if you asked any of those fallen officers they would tell you that they would rather have died doing the job that they loved than any other way. There do seem to be a lot of deaths lately. May they rest in peace.

Stay safe.

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Iíd just like to get hold of the son of a bitch that started the whole bull shit force continuum.

Who the hell decided that it has to be a fair fight; and the bad guy gets to determine how much force is going to be used by his actions.

The Army tried that in Vietnam; donít fire until fired on, and then you had to call in for permission. Goddamn REMFs.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Quote Originally Posted by deputy29
    I'm sure if you asked any of those fallen officers they would tell you that they would rather have died doing the job that they loved than any other way. There do seem to be a lot of deaths lately. May they rest in peace.

Stay safe.

Not me bud, in bed at 92. With a glass of Irish Wiskey.

between you

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sgkelly
    Who the hell decided that it has to be a fair fight

um....no one. It shouldn't be a fair fight....

I've ALWAYS been told it should never be a fair fight. If they are bigger/stronger than you, use the baton, or mace. If they have a knife, use a gun.

It should never be a fair fight.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Fiveocommando is offline I need more cowbell!!
    I agree with JMUR5074. Never hesitate to go a step beyond the force the bad guy is using..nobody says we have to fight fair!! Remember, the law allows us to use whatever force is necesarry to effect the arrest.
    Honest, I only had two officer.....

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Yup. One step above every time. Taser fits in almost anywhere though . Beyond that, this has been a bad year for the good guys. And you are right, we are shrinking. But... I don't know about you, but an office job would bore me to tears. This is the job for me. I don't want to check out early, but nothing else is going to be this much fun until I go.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Not me bud, in bed at 92. With a glass of Irish Wiskey.

Actually,I would prefer it to be in bed at 92 shot by a jealous husband

Quote Originally Posted by mavriktu
    Actually,I would prefer it to be in bed at 92 shot by a jealous husband

Of twenty years old!

between you

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Of twenty years old!

What's the saying? "Trust me with your life, but not your sister or your wife"

Richmond, Virginia

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    Go to The Officer Down Memorial Page and look at the total number of Officer deaths in the 50s-70s versus last year.

They are quite low compared to the old days. We just live in an area of mass communication so we hear about more deaths than they did pre-internet.

It's not that bad. I would like to think it's because of the training more than the technology. Just remember the first rule of law enforcement and you'll be fine.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion44
    Go to The Officer Down Memorial Page and look at the total number of Officer deaths in the 50s-70s versus last year.

They are quite low compared to the old days. We just live in an area of mass communication so we hear about more deaths than they did pre-internet.

It's not that bad. I would like to think it's because of the training more than the technology. Just remember the first rule of law enforcement and you'll be fine.
    Thats just it is is that bad. One should never think that a few deaths is not so bad. Any loss of life is a bad thing especially when its a bystander that was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. As well as its a bad thing when one of us dies because we are doing a job and because some bonehead doesn't want to go back to prison he or she decides it would be easier to kill us rather than get locked up.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Thread Information