Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Myspace

  1. #1
    Join Date
    05-22-06
    Location
    Aiken County, South Carolina
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    595631

    Myspace

    Just curious if anyone here has or had a MySpace profile. The reason I ask is because I have heard of several officers around the country and seen a few examples myself of them getting in trouble, ie a write up or worse for having a profile that showed them in uniform or showed the agency they work for. Now I know all us cops aren't always bright and yes some deserved to get in trouble for the for having the less then approved public image agencies want, but other had nothing more then basic info or tribute pages. Just wanting to know how ya'll feel about it, since MySpace has become such a public enemy because of internet stalkers. Let me know
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

    And in case you don't speak Latin.......If you want peace, prepare for war.

    I've been places, seen and done things that would make most cry. I've fought along side and against better men then most I come across day to day, i've put my life on the line more then once for things you take for granted and for those you have lost respect for. I don't tell you this for your pity or respect but for you to remember me.

  2. #2
    Sapper_132's Avatar
    Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-10-06
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Power
    7084543

    Lightbulb

    I think we had this topic already! Might want to go back and take a look!
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    05-22-06
    Location
    Aiken County, South Carolina
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    595631
    My bad, still the new guy and haven't had much chance to "Go Back" and look for old topics!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

    And in case you don't speak Latin.......If you want peace, prepare for war.

    I've been places, seen and done things that would make most cry. I've fought along side and against better men then most I come across day to day, i've put my life on the line more then once for things you take for granted and for those you have lost respect for. I don't tell you this for your pity or respect but for you to remember me.

  4. #4
    clare911's Avatar
    clare911 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    05-24-06
    Location
    New York (but really from England)
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    0
    Our dept is kicking off over it. 4 officers were fired because of it. I took my duty pics off due to some asshole from the NYPD RANT taking them along with my off dut pics and making some crude comments and posting them on that site along with my profile link. If we get caught we are in trouble. I have had a stalker send me stuff at work because of that site, because i didn't block my pct collar tags properly on one of my photo's.

  5. #5
    Virginian's Avatar
    Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Join Date
    12-28-05
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,647
    Rep Power
    8590746
    Quote Originally Posted by tjpuclik2
    I think we had this topic already! Might want to go back and take a look!
    Ban?

    Honest mistake, if you had to search every topic you wanted to post about you still wouldn't find reposts because people use meaningless titles. If anyone finds the link to the previous story post away.

  6. #6
    Beans's Avatar
    Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    02-01-06
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    3,319
    Rep Power
    5208309
    MySpace=trouble.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

  7. #7
    BEK's Avatar
    BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    01-02-06
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,101
    Rep Power
    3397457
    If you take a look at mine you will not see one pic of me there. The one reason why i did it was because if i ever plan on going on a trip I can hit up my myspace cops and use them to my benifet...lol. I only add people who are cops and no one under the age of 18, unlike some other cops that add everyone under the sun. I believe if you arnt careful you will get in trouble


  8. #8
    Sheriff's Avatar
    Sheriff is offline Banned
    Join Date
    04-18-06
    Posts
    474
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clare911
    I have had a stalker send me stuff at work because of that site, because i didn't block my pct collar tags properly on one of my photo's.
    Ahh, I knew you long before the image and collar tags.

    Oops......

  9. #9
    Virginian's Avatar
    Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Join Date
    12-28-05
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,647
    Rep Power
    8590746
    Quote Originally Posted by BEK320
    If you take a look at mine you will not see one pic of me there. The one reason why i did it was because if i ever plan on going on a trip I can hit up my myspace cops and use them to my benifet...lol. I only add people who are cops and no one under the age of 18, unlike some other cops that add everyone under the sun. I believe if you arnt careful you will get in trouble
    It's pretty sick that you claim to be 14 though, dude

    ps - that was me who added you yesterday

  10. #10
    clare911's Avatar
    clare911 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    05-24-06
    Location
    New York (but really from England)
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    0
    I thought you look familiar. You where in that tree in Central Park looking through my window. LOL

  11. #11
    clare911's Avatar
    clare911 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    05-24-06
    Location
    New York (but really from England)
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    0

    Wink

    If you make your age 14 no one can access your profile unless they ask for a friend request. Then it is up to you if you want to accept them or not. I have my real age above it. As do a load of other cops i know.

  12. #12
    Virginian's Avatar
    Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Join Date
    12-28-05
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,647
    Rep Power
    8590746
    Yeah just giving him a hard time. Just like all the pedos probably do to him as well

  13. #13
    Resident Smart Ass's Avatar
    Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    06-05-06
    Location
    Once a New Yawker, Always a New Yawker
    Posts
    5,456
    Rep Power
    1532847
    What's myspacce as oppose to ourspace, yourspace and outer space
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

    You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.


    FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS



    A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON



  14. #14
    Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by njpd
    What's myspacce as oppose to ourspace, yourspace and outer space
    yea what he said

  15. #15
    CountyFourteen's Avatar
    CountyFourteen is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-21-06
    Posts
    1,077
    Rep Power
    5395878
    I do "no space" myspace is a big no no for us
    Any Post I make is my opinion only!
    I do not have the authority or the permission to post for my Sheriff's Office.



  16. #16
    Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    04-16-06
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    4,122
    Rep Power
    6563842
    Quote Originally Posted by beans43
    MySpace=trouble.
    Nah...

    Myspace = great intel! People are putting stuff up there that you can't beat for finding out what they're up to... You oughta see all the idiots cyberbanging, for example!

    I've got an account. It's under a specially created mail account and screenname for just that purpose.

    Think about it... If we're chasing THEM on Myspace, they can chase US!

  17. #17
    Emily is offline Corporal
    Join Date
    06-11-06
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    676
    Rep Power
    275724
    I have a myspace account.

    And although I am really not 14, I say that I am because I don't want all those weirdos that I don't know looking at my profile. If you use the site correctly it is actually a great way to keep in touch with friends. I've found people on there from elementary school.

  18. #18
    Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily
    I have a myspace account.

    And although I am really not 14, I say that I am because I don't want all those weirdos that I don't know looking at my profile. If you use the site correctly it is actually a great way to keep in touch with friends. I've found people on there from elementary school.
    that post is no good without a link

  19. #19
    Emily is offline Corporal
    Join Date
    06-11-06
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    676
    Rep Power
    275724
    Quote Originally Posted by 06AccordLX
    that post is no good without a link
    A link to my profile?

    http://www.myspace.com/ can't see much, though
    Last edited by Emily; 06-25-06 at 01:36 PM.

  20. #20
    Resident Smart Ass's Avatar
    Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    06-05-06
    Location
    Once a New Yawker, Always a New Yawker
    Posts
    5,456
    Rep Power
    1532847
    Like BEK said, it's a great way to network with other cops just like LEF. Also, I actually found few HS friends and college buddies.

    Most of the people on my friends list are cops, including BEK and sadly Tony

    It's how you utilize myspace. I don't post any dept. info.
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

    You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.


    FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS



    A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON



 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gang members using MySpace to recruit new members
    By Terminator in forum In the News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-02-07, 01:49 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-22-07, 09:33 PM
  3. Myspace
    By BEK in forum General Topics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-16-07, 11:21 AM
  4. Mom Places Ad on MySpace: Kidnap Son for $500
    By Willowdared in forum In the News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-07, 11:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •