Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Been Spiked

Allstar is offline Banned

Exclamation Been Spiked

Last night my boyfreind, friend and myself went to a party and my friend and I never touched any drink, but she ended up being drunk and myelf was feeling a bit light headed, my boyfriend had been drinking but not that much and he was unfit to walk only after 4 beers which it's alot for him. Have drinking a soft drink my throat was buring and I started to feel light headed. My friend was taking like she was drunk but had not had any aclohol. When we got home, my boyfriend was really ill, and my friend was ajutated (sp) and feeling unwell and had a really sore head, she went to hospital and my boyfirend was meant to go but wouldn't I should have gone but I had to look after him and his little sister. The hospital told my friend she had ben spiked alone with me and my boyfriend, and they say it was aclohol but I am sureI would of noticed aclohol. Does anyone know of an aclohol that can do that and without tastying it, or could it be something else. I hope I have made sense if not please tell and I can change it.

Thanks all

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    EVERCLEAR!! Put that stuff in punch and you can't taste it. It is about 190 proof and will put you on your ass.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

1*girl Guest
    Taste or no taste, if your throat was burning from a soft drink, that should be your first clue to toss it!

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    Ethanol, the alcohol used in alcoholic beverages is odorless and if I'm not mistaken it's also tasteless. So if the proof was high enough, you may not notice it, especially if the punch is tasteful enough to mask the alcohol.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

Quote Originally Posted by 1*girl
    Taste or no taste, if your throat was burning from a soft drink, that should be your first clue to toss it!
    I did toss it, thats why I think I wasn't affected and they same as friend, she sadi one of her drinks tasted different but still drank it, my boyfriend I told think he would have noticed anything becase he was drinking. So they were the worse off.

I was drinking diet iro blu and so was my mate is that enough to cover the taste?

FishTail Guest
    Yes.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    If you wake up and your backside feels like you straddled a fence, you probably got "spiked."

Kev_06 is offline The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta
    there was a load of "vodka" going around in the UK not long ago and it was pure alchol if i remember rightly people died from it
    Evey Hammond: Who are you?

V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.

Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.

V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurion44
    Ethanol, the alcohol used in alcoholic beverages is odorless and if I'm not mistaken it's also tasteless. So if the proof was high enough, you may not notice it, especially if the punch is tasteful enough to mask the alcohol.
    Yep, ethanol itself is odorless and tasteless. The burning feeling isn't a taste, it's a sensation, and it can be covered or reduced by whatever the alcohol is mixed with. Grain punch, for example, can be dangerous stuff... precisely because it doesn't TASTE strong.

Radar is offline We all bleed blue
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I swear, I clicked on this thinking it was talking about spike strips.

Yes, +1 for everclear, That stuff knocked me on my ass before I realized I'd had anything. I am a bit of a light-weight when it comes to alcohol, but damn. Less than half of the first glass of punch and I was spinning.
    Here Speeder, Speeder, Speeder

"Oderint dum metuant" - Caligula

"How come you only call me when someone's dead?"

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis

Yes, +1 for everclear, That stuff knocked me on my ass before I realized I'd had anything. I am a bit of a light-weight when it comes to alcohol, but damn. Less than half of the first glass of punch and I was spinning.
    Thats how I eneded up in here. Thought I was going to hear and tell some funny stories about being spiked by your own brothers.

But I agree with ethanol, tastless, colorless, oderless. That shit will you up. If you drink enough of it, it could kill you. You can drive your car on this stuff!
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

CountyFourteen is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    lol me too.......I personally don't know a drink etc that would do that to you...from my experance....since I have so few, lol
    Last edited by FishTail; 06-12-06 at 07:19 PM.
    Any Post I make is my opinion only!
    I do not have the authority or the permission to post for my Sheriff's Office.

At least I didn't drink that much, of it what ever it is.

This a question mainly for the brittish police, my mate phone the police telling and they said they can't do much but wouldn't they want to look into the matter and try find who did it, there was a video done.

Sorry if uses all thought I was going to talk about spike strips, LOL

Radar is offline We all bleed blue
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    What type of video?
    Here Speeder, Speeder, Speeder

"Oderint dum metuant" - Caligula

"How come you only call me when someone's dead?"

What type of video?
    A man with a camera came to the place and filmed most of the night.

General Patten is offline Surgeon General
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_06
    there was a load of "vodka" going around in the UK not long ago and it was pure alchol if i remember rightly people died from it
    was that the counterfeit Stolichnaya incident?

FishTail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Allstar
    This a question mainly for the brittish police, my mate phone the police telling and they said they can't do much but wouldn't they want to look into the matter and try find who did it, there was a video done.
    What offence would we be investigating? There's no real evidence of a crime having been committed. As for video, there's most likely CCTV in the bar. Some random guy with a camera is no good. How are we meant to trace him, even if he will give us the film?

Wouldn't you want to look into, several people being spiked. And yes he would give the tape over it's going up for sale. But I suppose proving someone did spike us. Thanks all

Kev_06 is offline The only verdict is vengeance, a vendetta
    Quote Originally Posted by General Patten
    was that the counterfeit Stolichnaya incident?
    Think it might have been, not being a vodka drinker i didn't pay to much attention
    Evey Hammond: Who are you?

V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.

Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.

V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information