Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Good Eats.

nitestokker is offline Banned

Thumbs up Good Eats.

With the festivities of the Fourth of July upon us, It struck me to start this thread. A lot of us travel for the holidays and finding a good place to eat is often a headache. How about if we share some of our favorite food places on here in case someone else is in the area?

If you're into Mexican food, two places come to mind in my area. Pancho Murphy's in Estes Park, Colorado and El Conquistador in Laramie, Wyoming. If you like a good steak, I recommend Ole's in Paxton, Nebraska. A place called BJ's in Kimball, Nebraska is good for cheeseburgers and chicken.

Jump in wherever you feel comfy. I gotta go eat something. This is making me hungry!

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    My standard vacation driving stop is Hardees for a Monster Burger, aka "cardiac arrest in a wrapper"

If you're anywhere near Cadillac, Michigan keep going all the food here pretty much sucks. Once you get out of town though and you see any little shack that has the sign "food" hanging on it but you don't think you'd feel safe going there without a rifle, stop there, thats the best food.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

nitestokker is offline Banned

Talking

It's been a lot of years, but there used to be a place called The Red Steer, I think, in Amarillo, TX. Kickass steakhouse where they offered a 92-ounce steak. If you could eat it in less than one hour, the entire table ate for free. And NO, I am not flashing back to a cheap movie from the eighties....this place was real. Maybe some of our brothers/sisters from Teh-Hass could confirm it.

When I was a kid, we went to Seattle for vacation. There was a place there that offered the same type of deal. If you could eat a bucket of raw oysters in one hour (about three pounds), everyone in your party ate for free. My grand-dad did it. I got my cheeseburger for free! Came all the way to the ocean from WYOMING and won a free cheeseburger.....whattaDORK!

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    It's been a lot of years, but there used to be a place called The Red Steer, I think, in Amarillo, TX. Kickass steakhouse where they offered a 92-ounce steak. If you could eat it in less than one hour, the entire table ate for free. And NO, I am not flashing back to a cheap movie from the eighties....this place was real. Maybe some of our brothers/sisters from Teh-Hass could confirm it.
    When I was in Amarillo a couple weeks ago I saw a sign that said that!

Quote Originally Posted by Post#83Chief
    If you're anywhere near Cadillac, Michigan keep going all the food here pretty much sucks. Once you get out of town though and you see any little shack that has the sign "food" hanging on it but you don't think you'd feel safe going there without a rifle, stop there, thats the best food.
    Thought I'd post a pic to help illustrate my point.

It really exists folks and I know you're running to your cars now to go, just don't suggest bringing your wife there after dark, unless you want to fight off dozens of burly hairy hill billy men who haven't seen something not inbreed since the last tourist got lost there.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If you are in Birmingham or Tuscaloosa, AL you need to eat at DreamLand BBQ. Anytime ESPN is in T-town you will find them at Dreamland at some point in time. The one in Tuscaloosa serves one thing Ribs (with white bread and drinks). I shit you not only one menu item.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

mainedawg is offline da dawg
    I believe the place is called Dirty Nelly's , San Antonio TX, River walk. Real good food and good time.

If you have one for Dallas, Tx let me know. I'll be here for the 4th.

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Can't beat home cooking.

Momís Magnificent Magical Manly-Man Macaroni Salad

The make-up of this salad really depends on your particular tastes in vegetables, meat, etc.

The recipe we used today called for the following:

1 Package Polish Kielbasa (Tyson skinless, pre-cooked chicken breasts can be substituted).
    1 Package Cherry Tomatoes
    1 8 oz. Package of extra sharp cheddar cheese, cubed into bite size pieces
    1 Can jumbo black olives, drained
    1 each green, yellow, orange pepper, diced into bite size pieces
    1 large cucumber, sliced and quartered (I prefer the English cucumber that you donít need to peel. If you use the American cucumber, peel it.)
    2 bunches green onions chopped
    1 16 oz. package multi-colored rotini
    Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
    Pepper to taste

Cut the kielbasa into bite size pieces and sautť in a small amount of oil until slightly brown. Drain, pat with a paper towel and set aside to cool. Boil the rotini to just al dente. Drain and cool. Place both the sausage and the rotini in a large bowl and add all the other vegetables, cheese and olives. Add Miracle Whip to your taste. Season with ground pepper.

Unless youíre my husband, this recipe should serve about ten. Good for buffets. Not so good for picnics unless youíre close to a refrigerator. Miracle Whip goes south pretty quickly. Enjoy.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Thread Information