Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Question Surveillance camera software Suggestions?

Since I had a nasty note left on my car the other day, Iíve finally gotten around to playing with some surveillance camera software for my PC (the kind that detects motion in the picture & records about a minute of video before & after the motion, then uploads the video to an FTP or Email account in case the PC is stolen), but Iíve had limited luck Ė Most of the affordable software Iíve tried is buggy (either records too much or too little video, or the FTP & email functions are flaky).

Anyone have a ďfavoriteĒ software package?

Iíve managed to find some pretty cheap analog 2GHz wireless night vision cameras & capture cards, though, which seem to work ok for the job, although the ones I really wanted (IP cameras that could just be picked up by my wireless network hub) were too pricey.

Thanks!
    Charlie

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

dlefdal is offline LEF'S unofficial mascot
    I'm afraid you might be out of luck Tx. With camera systems, you get what you pay for.

The only way you are going to be happy is with a networkable system, IP cameras that feed into a networkable DVR, and software that produces and holds a static IP address. That is if you are wanting to view everything from a remote location.

Why not get a simple system that you can install and run into you house/apartment? Is that an option?
    When you find yourself in a hole............QUIT DIGGING!!!!!!!!!

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Why not just tell your chief to stop leaving notes on your car

I was going to guess, ex boyfriend problems,............but chief will work too

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

Very funny

Thanks!

(\__/)

On a serious note Charlie;

If there is something I can help you with, PM me or let me know. I own my own business on the side and part of that is selling and installing security camera systems.

Have a good one.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    I have an idea why not stop pissing people off and pretending to be something that your not.

As far as cameras go as the others have said you get what you pay for, and from our experiance in what you have told us you should be able to afford anything that you want. So get off your fat ass and get something that is worth while if you are so worried about your vehicle. Most likely what you find is that its a bunch of kids that are playing around and decided that the fat neighbor would be a good target. Guess what it worked because you are paranoid about something.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2001
    I have an idea why not stop pissing people off and pretending to be something that your not.

As far as cameras go as the others have said you get what you pay for, and from our experiance in what you have told us you should be able to afford anything that you want. So get off your fat ass and get something that is worth while if you are so worried about your vehicle. Most likely what you find is that its a bunch of kids that are playing around and decided that the fat neighbor would be a good target. Guess what it worked because you are paranoid about something.
    Exactly what do you think I'm pretending to be that I'm not, and who exactly have I pissed off except you & the Chief?

I've actually had the camera & capture card for almost a year... Bought it when there was a rash of car burglaries in town, but I never played with it till now. If that's paranoid, then guilty as charged.

I know the the note was just a prank, it just said something like "Hello to all the people of this fucking town, I'm from Oak Cliff - Here's a semen sample for you" - And yes it did have a semen sample on it

We've also seen a rise in vandalism since school's out - May be the same kids, but I don't know how you get "paranoid" from that

(\__/)

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2001

What the...?

From another post, I think the city of Chicago ticked him off - Now I understand

Thanks Dlefdal!!!

(\__/)

PM Sent

jacobkrony is offline Rookie
    Video surveillance just got a lot easier.Now you can turn your webcam video surveillance system complete with motion detection capabilities using just a webcam surveillance program software.The main drawback is their Gotcha monitoring capabilities remotely.
    Link removed from your signature line. You need permission from the site owner. PM the owner from this page:
    http://apbweb.com/forums/members/officerresource-com-2517/

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    jacobkrony:

Removed the link from your sig as you can see. PM the site owner about that first. An intro post would also be a better first post:

http://apbweb.com/forums/introduce-yourself-2/

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Holy zombie thread, Batman!
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information