Welcome to the APBWeb.
    nitestokker is offline Banned

Wink It's Time To Give Back To Those Who Gave For Us

Now that we are well over 1,100 strong on this forum, let's forget our trivial day-to-day problems and give back to those who gave their lives and limbs for our freedom to do this. There are many, many young wives and children who have lost their daddies (and husbands who have lost their babies' mommies) in the war on terrorism. There are many more lost and afraid because mommy or daddy are in harm's way and may not come home.

We all have our own problems and bitch all day about how bad we have it, but we have it pretty damn good and it's because of these heroes.

Could LEF set up a "Survivor Fund" or scholarship type thing if we wanted to give? If we each contributed ten dollars and we had no hold-outs, we could raise a small fortune for those who really need it. In most cases, a military family receives about ten grand (which barely covers the funeral) from the dead soldier's life insurance and then kick the family to the curb. If that soldier was the primary bread-winner, they are screwed.

Same goes for injured soldiers. I know my family would be screwed if something happened to me.

I know first hand how it feels to be abandonded when you need people the most. When my wife died giving birth to my baby girl, no one was there for me. We had no insurance and our families turned their back. I had to start from square one with $200 and a newborn with no place to live and no job. It would make me feel better if someone out there would not have to go through the same thing.

What do you think, guys? Let's do something to help some heroes out. Let's just make sure someone we can trust is in charge instead of some slimy attorney. Just a thought. What do ya think?

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Yeah man, I tried to get a charity working here, but the head dudes are waiting on it. Or were.

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    I know first hand how it feels to be abandonded when you need people the most. When my wife died giving birth to my baby girl, no one was there for me. We had no insurance and our families turned their back. I had to start from square one with $200 and a newborn with no place to live and no job. It would make me feel better if someone out there would not have to go through the same thing.

*****Oh man, I am so sorry you went through that.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

dlefdal is offline LEF'S unofficial mascot

Talking

I deleted this post.
    Last edited by dlefdal; 07-26-06 at 11:24 AM.
    When you find yourself in a hole............QUIT DIGGING!!!!!!!!!

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    I'm gonna stay out of the fray (and deepest sympathy for the plight you endured nitestokker)

I think this place is a great place to start!

http://www.fisherhouse.org/
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

General Patten is offline Surgeon General
    I think that's a great idea. Props to you for bringing it up.

by the way... sorry for your loss nite'
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
    Lead is very hazardous to your health.
    Always include Kevlar in your daily diet.

"I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails."
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Wow, I'm so sorry for your loss and the way you were treated. I can only imagine how terrible that must have been.

I don't know what it's like other places, I only worked as a cop in one. But widows and children are pretty well taken care of here. They get $50K from the feds and the widow(er)s and/or children get full pension. The children continue to receive it until they are 18 if something happens to their surviving parent.

I know for a fact there is a lot of emotional support goes out for quite a while too. I can think of at least two incidents where the father was killed in the middle of home remodling. A bunch of us (more than necessary) all converged on the houses and finished the remodling for the widow. In every other incident I can recall, cops and their wives were all over the surviving family for months doing anything they could.

The military is another story though. But anything involving the federal government is going to be screwed up.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Thread Information