Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon

Let us never forget

http://www.olivetreeviews.org/topics/movies/attack.html

This is a presentation on the the attacks of 9-11. It is very beautiful and moving.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    That was beautiful - thanks for posting the link.

I had a collection of links on my old computer, and lost them all when it finally quit on me, glad to add one to my new one.

Our dispatch center went on emergency traffic to observe a moment of silence when word first came in about 9/11 - we've done it every year since.

It makes me sad, and a little angry when people say they can't/won't see any of the movies now coming out. There are so many stories of courage and sacrifice yet to be told, so many that will never be told. We owe those who lost their lives the honor of our renewed tears.

May we never forget, nor lose our resolve.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    Quote Originally Posted by PDawg

It makes me sad, and a little angry when people say they can't/won't see any of the movies now coming out. There are so many stories of courage and sacrifice yet to be told, so many that will never be told. We owe those who lost their lives the honor of our renewed tears.

May we never forget, nor lose our resolve.
    There are so many stories of courage.. for sure...
    I know I wont be seeing any of the movies..
    it just hits too close to home
    a group of my friends and I always got together every year at veterans weekend. one of them died while on duty at the pentagon....we have been friends for the longest time.. all of us... we have our own movies we watch together now of his family and kids and of all of us together on some old movie reals...
    my mom is a flight attendant... her birthday is that week and she changed places with her roomate - so she could have her birthday week off.... her roomate was killed... she was a good friend of our family

I hope people dont think of me in a bad way when I say I cannot sit in a movie theatre just yet and watch... I dont explain myself why in person because it hurts still. I know I am a weak person when it comes to this subject... and I guess I am ok with that.

I dont mean the other families and people who are in the movie any disrespect.
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Moving video. Makes me want to go back and give some more of that southern whoopass. Hey Saddam "how do you like me now?" you beotch

Elle is offline Banned
    Very moving video, even after almost 5 years watching videos of that day still send chills down my spine.
    Last edited by Elle; 08-08-06 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gozling
    I hope people dont think of me in a bad way when I say I cannot sit in a movie theatre just yet and watch... I dont explain myself why in person because it hurts still. I know I am a weak person when it comes to this subject... and I guess I am ok with that.

I dont mean the other families and people who are in the movie any disrespect.
    Sorry gozling...I probably can't really put it a way that makes sense.

I know that for many people the movies will conjour up very real memories, and I have nothing but respect for someone who knows their own emotional limits.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    So many times as officers, military, firefighters, and EMT's we get asked why do you do the job that you do. Look at the faces that are in pain, in agony. Look at those that just had their entire world turned upside down. That is why we do the job that we do. That is why we have no problems going into danger head first and not looking back or thinking twice about the decision that we have just made. Its a decision that we have made and thats why we do what we do. Its because we love what we do, its because we want you to feel as though everything is going to turn out right no matter how mad things are going at that moment. Even though this was a tragic moment as a hole we showed the world one thing major thing about the U.S.A. We will stand together, we will fight together and you will not keep us down.

Good video.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    FYI, if y'all want to keep this file after playing it, just do a Right-Click "Save Target As..." on this link:

http://www.olivetreeviews.org/topics/movies/attack.swf

Then you can do a Right-Click "Open With..." Internet Explorer to play the attack.swf file off your hard drive.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 08-08-06 at 08:10 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle
    Very moving video, even after almost 5 years watching videos of that day still send chills down my spine.

Same here!

I don't recall,, who is the artist singing?

1*girl Guest
    Big--the artist is Enya.

depusm12 is offline Patrolman
    Verified LEO
    Even after all this time watching this vidieo brings tears to my eyes. It reminds us all that something can happen in a blink of and eye and we respond without question because that's the kinda people we are, without a second thought. It takes a special person to be a cop or a fireman it not about the pay or the perks its about doing the right thing and helping people and making people feel safe.
    James
    Dept of the Army Civilian Police
    "Loyalty above all else, except Honor"
    Never forget those who fell on 9/11/01
    S&W beats 4 Aces every time

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    *sigh*.....seems just like yesterday. Video made me cry. So many lives changed forever that day. I PRAY we never have to go through a day like that again. I will never forget.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bufford408
    Moving video. Makes me want to go back and give some more of that southern whoopass. Hey Saddam "how do you like me now?" you beotch
    Saddam Hussein wasn't behind the 9-11 attacks; Osama Bin Laden was. Saddam and Osama opposed each other because Saddam was secular and Osama was fundamentalist.

I was moved by the video, too, especially by the courage of the cops and firefighters who rushed into the buildings while others were rushing out. I don't like how the tragedy of 9-11 was used as an excuse to create more tragedies in the Middle East, though.
    Last edited by Jenna; 08-09-06 at 08:28 AM.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Saddam however did fund terrorist attacks against our friends in the mid-ease (primarialy Israel). Good 'nuff for me to put him in the same grave with Osama's people.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by depusm12
    Even after all this time watching this vidieo brings tears to my eyes. It reminds us all that something can happen in a blink of and eye and we respond without question because that's the kinda people we are, without a second thought. It takes a special person to be a cop or a fireman it not about the pay or the perks its about doing the right thing and helping people and making people feel safe.
    +1.

This is an emotional subject for me. As tough as I'd like to think I am, the thought of that day will haunt me forever. It was about five years ago, but it seemed like just yesterday. I get depressed, angry, extra-patriotic, and stirred up when I see stuff like this.

Side note: While I am thinking about it, I would like to say "Thank you" to my brethren in Law Enforcement, Firefighting, and EMS who risk everything for the public and for each other. And a very special "Thank you" is due to our troops who are hunting down the cowardly cocksucking bastards that would do some sick shit like that.

“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” - George Orwell

"Stupid should hurt."

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    Very moving and touching video. I hesitate as to whether or not to see the new movie coming out. However, I will, although it will hurt. To gozling and to others who can't see it yet, I totally understand and feel your pain. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

TXCOP is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    Saddam Hussein wasn't behind the 9-11 attacks; Osama Bin Laden was. Saddam and Osama opposed each other because Saddam was secular and Osama was fundamentalist.

I was moved by the video, too, especially by the courage of the cops and firefighters who rushed into the buildings while others were rushing out. I don't like how the tragedy of 9-11 was used as an excuse to create more tragedies in the Middle East, though.
    Same shit, different forum, eh Jenna?

Sorry - big pic

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna

Sorry I did not know that. I was not in Afgan.
    Also I'm sure that all the families of the victims of 9-11 would agree with you.

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon

Remember

The point of this thread is not to start a debate over who caused 9-11, but to remember those who were murdered on that fateful day. It is a reminder to all, LEO and Civilians alike to remain ever vigilant, and not get complacent. That is what they want, they want us as a country to get complacent and let our guard down. We can not and must not do this. OUR LIVES DEPEND ON IT!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information