Welcome to the APBWeb.
    conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO

Why is this right? I must be stupid...

Stand back, I need to vent...

Ignorance. Apathy. I don't know. I don't care. This is a trend I have seen for awhile. But recently, I saw a video that really drove it home. I guess I like to believe that people are in the end logical. I do not believe that there is a pre-set disposition for some people to sin or break the law, and for others there to be no disposition to break the law. I feel people make choices or they are put into motion by a chain of events. After watching this video, I begin to wonder though. This is not logical behavior. Smart has nothing to do with it. I know that that's not even a consideration. Logic. The ability to reason something out. Reason me this. Why do people think that beating the shit out of someone is cool? Why do people feel they need to kill or beat someone because they have been disrespected? What kind of society is it that we have formed and given birth to that fosters such hatred and intolerence? I would hate to believe that this is still all from forty and fifty years ago. If that is so, then where will we be forty or fifty years from now? I ride through my town, bald head, police car. Sometimes I can get a wave out of people. Most of the time though, just a look. Sometimes that look has feeling behind it. Hatred. Disgust. Mistrust. I ride into some areas and I can hear the kids (as in 5,6,7) yelling "the po-po". Dang. Kind of young to start that. I went to a call the other night, 14 year old hit multiple times by a family member. Her and mom didn't have a ride to the courthouse, so I drove them. As I got into the car with them, I heard someone say "Damn, mf'r is taking both of 'em. He ain't got to do all that." I offered to give them a ride back down to where they lived after court and the kid tells mom "no, I don't want to ride back down there in the cop car." I have one guy that really sticks out in my mind. Old guy that I always see in town. I have tried and tried to get this guy to say anything to me. Nothing. As soon as he spots me, the head goes down and he starts going anywhere I ain't. This isn't the big city. My town is only about 5500 people. Crazy. I asked a friend tonight "you think it will ever change?" The answer came quick "nope". I don't want my kid growing up in that. There is no where to escape to anymore. Used to be the big cities had the unfriendly people. Not anymore. Sad really. This is the link to the video that got me ranting found in another thread. www.gangstacity.net .Why is this cool? Someone reason it out for me.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    Ship them all to an island and let them fend for themselves. Maybe in a few months we would be able to send a new group of shitheads, as the other ones wiped each other out. Just a thought.

Verified LEO
    That's how the English made Australia. Do we want two of those?

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu
    That's how the English made Australia. Do we want two of those?

TwanimusPrime is offline Moving on up...to the east side!
    City, town, doesn't matter. You can't change the whole world, but ya can do your best one person at a time.

One example, I was driving through one of the trailer parks in Ehrenberg (town of about 1200 people). There two girls were playing in one of the yards. Had to both be about 6, 7 years old. They turn and see my car. One of them screams and runs away, the other just stares at my car with a look of terror on her face. Well, I look at her, smile, and wave. For a second she has a perplexed look on her face, then smiles and waves back.

I hope that at least did a lil bit to affect her attitude towards police.

We live in a world where personal responsibility is gone. So many people don't care that they break the law, and if they get caught, its the fault of the police, or the person who snitched on them, etc... Its true that some people cna't trust police, and thats people who break the law. And when criminals have kids, they teach their children that. The best you can do is try to chnage individual peoples attitudes.

Its not a finacial thing either. The high scale, rich neighboors hoods in this county (along the river we have multi-million dollar houses), they are the same way, just nicer cars and purer drugs.

And its only getting worse. We have congresswomen who can hit cops, presidents who can lie to the world and its ok, and Hollywood celebrities that go in and out of rehab and are cheered for it.

So yeah, I understand Growing up I thougth I would always want kids, but now I don't know. I don't think I want to bring any children up in a society thats heading the ways ours is. Eh, at least its job security.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by bull3032
    Not to condone it, but it sure is a lot different if you grow up in that environment.

Maybe true, but why isn't it everyone of them then? Why is it just a select group? Some of the people in that neighborhood are as friendly as any.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I agree with you that things are going downhill in our society. But don't think you aren't stupid just because of that

Thread Information