Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    x5150x is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

Two pet peeves of mine:

1. People who refuse to place the registration stickers the state issues (one month sticker that never gets replaced and one year sticker that gets replaced every year) in the proper location on their rear license plate. The state even send them in an envelope with a diagram on how to properly put them on!

2. People who drive with just their running (or marker/parking lights if that's what you call them) on. This usually occurs during the day or near dusk...is it that hard to turn on your headlights too? I have never heard of a driver's ed course teaching to drive with just those lights on. Grrrr!

I posted this in the public forum so some of the non cops can give me some input.

Vendetta is offline Today, We are All Hokies
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by x5150x
    People who drive with just their running (or marker/parking lights if that's what you call them) on. This usually occurs during the day or near dusk...is it that hard to turn on your headlights too? I have never heard of a driver's ed course teaching to drive with just those lights on. Grrr
    It usually the ones with the after market fog lights.........trying to look all cool
    "And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway", Buford T. Justice

#1 Rule in Police: Sometimes its easier to ask Forgiveness than it is to ask Permission

No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes

I know some cars the running lights are always on and you can't really control them. The Campus PD I work for during the year, our surveillance car was like that, the running lights were always on, but we found out if you put the parking break on you could have the car on without them. That was after we sat countless hours trying to "hide" with our running lights on.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    The state even send them in an envelope with a diagram on how to properly put them on!
    Perhaps if they could read they could... never mind.

dlefdal is offline LEF'S unofficial mascot
    I know in CA it's illegal to do both of those. Great PC for the stop and it happens all of the time.

When you find yourself in a hole............QUIT DIGGING!!!!!!!!!

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

So Fla Cop is offline Trunk Monkey Supporter
    Verified LEO
    1. When a bar runs out of Jack Daniels.

2. When I forget........ ah....... stand by
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Signal_W Guest
    1. People who refuse to place the registration stickers the state issues (one month sticker that never gets replaced and one year sticker that gets replaced every year) in the proper location on their rear license plate. The state even send them in an envelope with a diagram on how to properly put them on!
    That is one of mine also!!

They stick them all over the damn plate and when they run out of squares to put them in they just stick it right in the middle.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Signal_W
    That is one of mine also!!

They stick them all over the damn plate and when they run out of squares to put them in they just stick it right in the middle.
    That's my peeve. Get me all excited when I see a sticker from 2005. Then I see the sticker for 2006. Then the 2007. Jeez. I pulled one lady over and she immediately went out, sat on the ground behind the car, and tried to unpeel the sticker from the plate. We were in a PVA, not roadside.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    2. People who drive with just their running (or marker/parking lights if that's what you call them) on. This usually occurs during the day or near dusk...is it that hard to turn on your headlights too? I have never heard of a driver's ed course teaching to drive with just those lights on. Grrrr!

I do that

x5150x is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man
    I do that

Can you tell me why? If I had a logical explanation then maybe it wouldn't make me so crazy!

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    My pet peve is when I-635 traffic is moving smoothly at 20MPH above posted speeds, a Trooper decides to run radar, and suddenly people slam on the brakes and go 10MPH under the speed limit, causing huge backups.

Not the cops' fault that people drop so far below the posted speed, but it's irritating.

Then after they pass the cop, half of them stay at 50 MPH and the other half are back up to 80 again. I won't say which one I am

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    Can you tell me why? If I had a logical explanation then maybe it wouldn't make me so crazy!

Other then I like the look, it increases visibility instead of running my headlights.

I mostly like the look

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Two pet peeves of mine:

Everything they do; and everything they don't.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

zap
    zap is offline yeahrightsurewhatever
    Verified LEO
    How about handicapped plakards laying flat on the dash so you can't see it until you walk up to put the ticket under the wiper?

So Fla Cop is offline Trunk Monkey Supporter
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie
    My pet peve is when I-635 traffic is moving smoothly at 20MPH above posted speeds, a Trooper decides to run radar, and suddenly people slam on the brakes and go 10MPH under the speed limit, causing huge backups.

Not the cops' fault that people drop so far below the posted speed, but it's irritating.

Then after they pass the cop, half of them stay at 50 MPH and the other half are back up to 80 again. I won't say which one I am
    I am going to get you next time....
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

dlefdal is offline LEF'S unofficial mascot
    Quote Originally Posted by zap
    How about handicapped plakards laying flat on the dash so you can't see it until you walk up to put the ticket under the wiper?
    That would actually involve me writing a parking ticket..............and that just aint gonna happen for the most part.

When you find yourself in a hole............QUIT DIGGING!!!!!!!!!

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

timatoe127 is offline NorCal Po-Po
    [QUOTE=x5150x]1. People who refuse to place the registration stickers the state issues (one month sticker that never gets replaced and one year sticker that gets replaced every year) in the proper location on their rear license plate. The state even send them in an envelope with a diagram on how to properly put them on!QUOTE]

I have actually stopped people cited them and then cut the stickers off given them back and said, "go to DMV and tell them you need new stickers since you couldn't put these on right".
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them.

Jimmy Hoffa

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by dlefdal
    That would actually involve me writing a parking ticket..............and that just aint gonna happen for the most part.
    Some of our cities like Plano train volunteers to go out writing handicap parking tickets... It's worked out really well so far, and the cops are perfectly happy not doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by So Fla Cop
    I am going to get you next time....
    Yeah, one got me about 5 years ago... 79 in a 65 zone north of McKinney. That makes one speeding ticket in my lifetime, but the way my luck has been running lately, that probably just means I'm due for some now

Me & my wife were on our way to a shooting match when he pulled us over, and when I handed him my CHL card he asked if I was armed... I told him I had two pistols on me, my wife had one, and there were two in the trunk with a thousand rounds of ammo - he nearly stepped back into traffic. Maybe in hindsight I shoulda broke the news to him gently. But he just wrote us up and said to have fun at the match
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 08-13-06 at 02:21 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Two pet peeves of mine:

1. Stupid people
    2. People doing stupid things

Yup, that sums it up.

"Stupid should hurt."

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    The ONLY parker I'll generally write is the handicap, and I will write the hell out of it. I've since progressed from just the no-placard retards. Now I hunt out the expired ones too (I can read them from my car, as the expiration date is in inch high lettering). My absolute favorite is catching perfectly able-bodied people loading up groceries, etc. into a car in a handicap spot. Then the contact goes something like this.

"Evening....your bum leg get better?"

"Oh, hi officer! No, it's my mom's tag."

"Is your mom here?"

"Oh, uh...she's in the store."

"Okay, well I'll just stick around til she gets back."

Usually they can only handle about 10 seconds of the uncomfortable silence I impose.

"Officer? I'm really sorry...I lied. I'm here by myself."

LOL Those are tickets that I actually enjoy writing. Just when you start to put a little faith in humanity, you drive through a grocery lot to find it full of assholes with no regard to the elderly and truly handicapped, so they take the closest spots so they can run in to get their fufu fucking coffee from starbucks.

There've been times when an older lady with permanent handicap plates will flag me down and ask if there's any more handicap parking available, because she can't walk very far due to the multiple surgeries she's had on both hips. Those days I actually walk the lot and hammer every handicap violator I can find. FUCKERS.

It makes it all the worthwhile when some sweet old lady expends a little bit of her oxygen tank to thank you for writing all of those "hooligan sonsabitches" who exploit ther mothers'/fathers'/grandparents' placards like that. True story.
    Last edited by 121Traffic; 08-13-06 at 04:57 PM.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information