Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO

Talking The Good Wife's Guide

Have Dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready, on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favorite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed.

Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people

Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives.

Gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper etc. and then run a dustcloth over the tables.

Ove the cooler months of the year, you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering for his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.

Prepare the children. Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair and if ncessary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part. Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet.

Be happy to see him.

Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.

Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first-remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner, or other places of entertainment without you. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his very real need to be at home and relax.

You goal: Try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquility where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit.

Don't greet him with your complaints and problems.

Don't complain if he's late home for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have through that day.

Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or have him lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.

Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.

Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgement or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always excercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. you have no right to question him.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY:

A GOOD WIFE ALWAYS KNOWS HER PLACE

Last edited by Resident Smart Ass; 08-29-06 at 06:12 PM.
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

I can only imagine the hell strom this one is gonna cause!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

And in case you don't speak Latin.......If you want peace, prepare for war.

I've been places, seen and done things that would make most cry. I've fought along side and against better men then most I come across day to day, i've put my life on the line more then once for things you take for granted and for those you have lost respect for. I don't tell you this for your pity or respect but for you to remember me.

dlocke1419 is offline Officer First Class
    I can only imagine if my wife did this. it would be great.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    http://www.snopes.com/language/document/goodwife.asp
    If this is what guys used to expect, it's no wonder why the divorce rate is so high. Sadly, this wasn't so far off the track as it should have been, but I have a very hard time trying to picture me, or anyone like me, putting up with that shit. And frankly, who in hell would want anyone that submissive, anyhow?
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Verified LEO

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    http://www.snopes.com/language/document/goodwife.asp
    If this is what guys used to expect, it's no wonder why the divorce rate is so high. Sadly, this wasn't so far off the track as it should have been, but I have a very hard time trying to picture me, or anyone like me, putting up with that shit. And frankly, who in hell would want anyone that submissive, anyhow?
    i hear ya ducky. the funny thing is, my wife brought a copy of the actual article which was posted in "Housekeeping Monthly" Magazine dated May 13, 1955. She thought I'd get a kick out of it
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)

Caveman is offline Something Smells Kinda Funny
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by njpd
    i hear ya ducky. the funny thing is, my wife brought a copy of the actual article which was posted in "Housekeeping Monthly" Magazine dated May 13, 1955. She thought I'd get a kick out of it
    1955!!
    I guess this statement now makes sense then...

"Be a lottle gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it."

I guess some guys might still like their wives to be a lottle gay for them once and a while..... .... ....
    Last edited by Caveman; 08-29-06 at 06:02 PM.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Will Durant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Member

Since Jan. 2009

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    That has been printed and posted on my fridge. Waiting for reaction...
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

dlefdal is offline LEF'S unofficial mascot
    A good woman would not find that article funny. They would find it useful as a tool to please their man............

I wish!

If anybody finds this woman, please advise if she has a hot, older, sister.
    When you find yourself in a hole............QUIT DIGGING!!!!!!!!!

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky

Talking The Good Husband's Guide

Only fair we have both halves of the story!

1. If your wife has dinner ready, she probably took great care to plan ahead for this meal. This is her way of letting you know that she has been thinking about you and is concerned about your needs. If you aren't hungry, at least thank her for preparing a good meal and providing you with a warm welcome.

2. How does she look? If she looks haggard and weary and has spots and stains on her clothes, she has most likely had a very difficult day. If she looks refreshed, it is likely because she rushed to finish her housework and then took a few minutes (or more) to appear refreshed when you arrived. Appreciate her efforts either way.

3. Speak to her. She's spent her entire day with the dog and children - none of which can conduct an adult conversation. It will help her to feel connected to the world to speak with another adult.

4. Is the house clean? Children play and make messes - that is their job. If the house is clean, appreciate the effort she made to clear away the clutter. If not, understand that other things might have come up and she may not have had time to pick up.

5. If the children are clean and happy to see you, realize that she must have taken an effort to clean them up. (Clean is not a child's natural state.)

6. Greet her with a warm smile, a kiss and ask her how her day was. You don't really have to listen, but at least pretend you are.

7. She may have a dozen important things to tell you and understands that the moment of your arrival is not the time. You may not think she could have anything important to say, but take some time between your daily dump and hockey playoffs to listen to what she has to say.

8. Try to understand that her world has its own strains and pressures and she needs quiet time just as much as you do. (If you doubt this, try doing her job for a day.)

9. Her goal is to try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquility. If it isn't, understand that she had to spend the whole day in it - you got to be away from it.

10. Don't greet her with complaints and problems.

11. Don't complain if she's late in preparing dinner or even if she asks you to pick up take-out on the way home. Count this as minor compared to what she might have gone through that day.

12. Allow her to be comfortable. Let her lean back in a comfortable chair or lie down in the bedroom while you spend some time with your children. She could use the break and they can always use your attention.

13. Don't yell. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.

14. Don't ask her questions about her actions or question her judgment or integrity. Remember, she is tasked with managing the entire household, maintaining the house and grounds, budgeting, paying bills, shopping, cooking, cleaning and caring for your children. It is a very serious job to her and she will always carry out her duties with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question her.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PDawg
    Only fair we have both halves of the story!

1. If your wife has dinner ready, she probably took great care to plan ahead for this meal. This is her way of letting you know that she has been thinking about you and is concerned about your needs. If you aren't hungry, at least thank her for preparing a good meal and providing you with a warm welcome.

2. How does she look? If she looks haggard and weary and has spots and stains on her clothes, she has most likely had a very difficult day. If she looks refreshed, it is likely because she rushed to finish her housework and then took a few minutes (or more) to appear refreshed when you arrived. Appreciate her efforts either way.

3. Speak to her. She's spent her entire day with the dog and children - none of which can conduct an adult conversation. It will help her to feel connected to the world to speak with another adult.

4. Is the house clean? Children play and make messes - that is their job. If the house is clean, appreciate the effort she made to clear away the clutter. If not, understand that other things might have come up and she may not have had time to pick up.

5. If the children are clean and happy to see you, realize that she must have taken an effort to clean them up. (Clean is not a child's natural state.)

6. Greet her with a warm smile, a kiss and ask her how her day was. You don't really have to listen, but at least pretend you are.

7. She may have a dozen important things to tell you and understands that the moment of your arrival is not the time. You may not think she could have anything important to say, but take some time between your daily dump and hockey playoffs to listen to what she has to say.

8. Try to understand that her world has its own strains and pressures and she needs quiet time just as much as you do. (If you doubt this, try doing her job for a day.)

9. Her goal is to try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquility. If it isn't, understand that she had to spend the whole day in it - you got to be away from it.

10. Don't greet her with complaints and problems.

11. Don't complain if she's late in preparing dinner or even if she asks you to pick up take-out on the way home. Count this as minor compared to what she might have gone through that day.

12. Allow her to be comfortable. Let her lean back in a comfortable chair or lie down in the bedroom while you spend some time with your children. She could use the break and they can always use your attention.

13. Don't yell. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.

14. Don't ask her questions about her actions or question her judgment or integrity. Remember, she is tasked with managing the entire household, maintaining the house and grounds, budgeting, paying bills, shopping, cooking, cleaning and caring for your children. It is a very serious job to her and she will always carry out her duties with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question her.

No such thing

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by njpd
    Get a copy of that into Snopes so we can put a "True" label on that puppy!!!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Blah! You lookin' to get strangled??
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Yes, choke my..........................ne vermind...........

OK guys time to come clean. I am not only a police officer but I am also a big time movie star. I am using my real photo as my avatar now. Please NO autographs!!!!

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Awwww c'mon, dlefdal...you can say it.........I dare ya!
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Quote Originally Posted by Just KC
    Awwww c'mon, dlefdal...you can say it.........I dare ya!
    uhhhhhhhhhh, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............c hicckkennn?

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Snopes has a copy of that "article" and says the article itself is bogus, but that is the same basic BS that girls used to be taught in home economics.

Then again, those of us who are fantastic in bed and treat our guys as an equal can ignore those things, anyway.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information