Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    nitestokker is offline Banned

Angry Show your scars...........

What is the nastiest, bloodiest or most painful injury you ever got working as a cop? Mine was a torn rotator cuff in my shoulder chasing down a wife-beater. The injury itself was not nearly as bad as the rehab after surgery. Goddamn that was painful! Wow! I think I'd rather be shot in the nuts!

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I think I'd rather be shot in the nuts!
    Knock on wood!!!

nitestokker is offline Banned
    You're a smartass, Virgin! I did laugh, though!!!!!

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    So far a sprained back, which played knick-knack on my sciatic nerve. Got it as a result of my car wreck.

The nurse in the ER shot me up with demerol and and it might as well been Children's Tylenol.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Well shoot! I'm not LE, but I tore a rotator cuff doing inventory of a beer cooler - also ripped off a fingernail!

Sliced my wrist cutting cardboard to cover a broken freezer door. No blood - just visible tendons.

Broke a foot running to catch a flight.

Broke and dislocated a finger trying to catch a box o' falling kids - and relocated it myself - thank you very much!
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    i have not been hurt bad yet, but my partner got run over and dragged by a tahoe.

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

deputy29 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    It wasn't my tahoe. I swear I've nver been to Memphis. Besides i always drive the cavaler on road trips.

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    if had yours you would be made at me for putting so many holes in it.

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO

Talking

I broke my left femur and ended up with pins in my knee and in traction for a month, then in a 3/4 body cast for a whole summer. That sucked.

I'd like to say I did it while I was taking down a terrorist cell or something cool, but I actually did that fucking around on a skateboard. I was 9.

I did wipe out, or as I like to say had an unplanned dismount, on a bike when I was on the bike patrol. I cracked by helmet and scuffed up my arm, shoulder, and knee pretty bad. My shoulder still gives me problems. It was better than the alternative, which was getting smoked by car.
    Last edited by Hannibal; 09-07-06 at 08:18 AM.

"Stupid should hurt."

TwanimusPrime is offline Moving on up...to the east side!
    I do have a LE related scar already, but nuttin major. Just a small dog bite scar just above my left heal. This fucking Australian Shepard darted out from under a trailer, bit my leg, then darted back under before I could kick the damn thing.

So since then always took my PR 24 with me whenever a dog is around. Last dog that went after me got a good forward fluid shock strike to the chest. It yelped and hid under its owvers trailer. heheh

pc830cop is offline Just another squirrel looking for a NUT
    Verified LEO
    As a Cop:

3 broken ribs from my shooting. No scar though!

1/2 inch scar on my left hand from a suspect with a hidden knife

3 inch scar from being attacked in jail by a NLR member prospecting AB

But the most embarrassing is a broken collarbone from the physical agility test when I tried to finish with a faster time and ended up crashing on my face

As a Marine, way too many to list!

Searching for Evil and the Perfect donut (Love that book)

"It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you"
    -Batman Begins

There are gains for all our losses
    There are balms for all our pain
    But, when youth, the dream, departs
    It takes something from our hearts
    And it never comes again

"Captain, it is I Ensign Pulver. I just threw your damn palm tree overboard. Now, what's all this crap about no movie tonight?" -Ens Pulver in Mister Roberts

The man who will go where his colors go, without asking who will fight a phantom foe in the jungle and mountain range, without counting, and who will suffer and die in the midst of incredible hardship, without complaint, is still what he has always been, from Imperial Rome to sceptered Britain to democratic America. He is the stuff of which legions are made. ...His pride is in his colors and his regiment, his training hard and thorough and coldly realistic, to fit him for what he must face...and his obedience is to his orders. He has been called United State Marine.
    T.R. Fehrenbach, This Kind of War

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Quote Originally Posted by JLK
    if had yours you would be made at me for putting so many holes in it.
    Heyy, whatcha drinkin??
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    last year my partner and i chased down this guy who let out a burst from an m-16 rifle. i crashed the squad car at an entrance to an alley trying to cut him off the airbag got me right in the face. i felt like i got punched by a mule, and my face felt like it was on fire. i could almost feel every stich from the airbag embeded in my face. the airbag ended up taking off my skin on the left side from my forehead to my neck. for days i was in great pain. the most painful part of all this was when i got home my son was afraid of me cause he said daddy looked like a monster....................... ..............im sorry it still chokes me up when i think about it.
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    I was chasing 3 male youngsters on foot (1 17 yr old, 1 18 yr old, 1 19 yr old) after I came up on them in a car lot trying to steal a car at about 0300 hours. I caught the first one, threw him down, the officer assisting ended up grabbing him, and cuffing him. I then continued after the other two. We'd already jumped over one 4 foot fence, but then came a 6 foot wooden fence complete with the pointed wooden edges. They jumped it and continued on. Being that I was was weighted down by all the heavy gear and vest, not too mention the boots I was wearing weren't helping, I jumped the fence, and when I swung my right leg around it landed right on the point of one of the strips of wooden fence, and my leg cause the pointed part of the fence to actually jam into my leg and snap off. I felt an immense burning pain but adrenaline kept me going. I caught the other 2 suspects with help from another officer. And I made the suspects pay for the damage to the fence I caused when I jumped it!

Afterwards I could hardly walk, but I toughed out the pain, and never even went to the hospital. Today this day, that part of my leg is still not completely right, thanks to that fence.

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    I broke my lower left arm just above the wrist a few years back during training on collapsable baton. 2 surgerys, off work for 4 months. It sucked and hurt like hell!!!!

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al491 View Post
    I broke my lower left arm just above the wrist a few years back during training on collapsable baton. 2 surgerys, off work for 4 months. It sucked and hurt like hell!!!!
    Someone hit you with one during practice?

I kept waiting for someone to get brained during ASP training, those square pads suddenly felt really small when a big guy was hammering on the other side of it with an ASP.

kdm0409 is offline ^ Female Deputy
    Hmmm, I think I am a walking accident sometimes.

I was hit in the head by a beer bottle that was thrown at a frat party, hit me right above the right eyebrow. Sgt. made me go to the ER, just to sit there for 3 hours and let the blood dry then have them clean it and pry it back open and me say I didn't want stitches lol.

I was in a foot pursuit of a damn drunk frat guy, he jumped a fence, and I followed. Then he ran up the stairs and down the hallway of their house, again I followed. Well, I caught up to the SOB and "we" tripped and went into a wall. Busted a big hole in the wall and I smacked right into the stud (NOT the frat guy) with my left elbow and it still hurts sometimes.

I had a nasty fall on bike patrol. A car swerved at me (accidentally, they dropped their cell phone) anyways, and I swerved off into the grass thinking I was fine, WRONG! My front tire disappeared into a hole in the ground, catapulting me over the front of the bike like superman! I landed on my right side (gun side) and left a bruise in the shape of my gun on my hip, also broke my helmet, and apparently I landed on something sharp somewhere and cut my leg really bad. Should have gotten stitches to the leg, but I hate hospitals, so I didn't go.

And when I was a kid, my sister broke one of the old Lousiville Slugger Baseball bats over my head above my left eyebrow. Had 9 stitches and a heck of a little scar.

I think thats all, but I'm sure there will be plenty more! lol
    It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.
    ______________________________ __________
    An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break.
    ______________________________ __________
    In vino veritas!

Elle is offline Banned
    I cut myself with a safety knife at work the first day I got ahold of one, had it in my pocket, stuck my hand in and sliced my thumb. It didn't hurt but I thought Shit! It bled right through a band-aid, I thought it was cool but my co-workers didn't. I've since been banned from any sharp objects and everyone has been told to keep them away from me. Which is a real bummer 'cause I like sharp pointy things. I've got a faint scar on my thumb from it.

Lizzy is offline Rookie
    RN injuries........some bumps and bruises from numerous wasted people.
    Sprained back from being thrown by 'Jesus Christ' in the quiet room. Spazzy as I am fell on a wet floor in the hospital broke my leg and ankle....ER doc on duty....no biggie just a sprain......was the talk of the hospital the next day when a REAL doc read the X-Rays. That got me 4 months off.....2 on the beach 2 screaming in PT.

LE injury....husband broke his ankle. He caught the guy but they ended up having to pick both of them up.

Cheers!
    Lizzy

Darin is offline I'm sooooo gonna score
    Verified LEO
    Luckily just scraped knuckles and such.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information