Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Radar is offline We all bleed blue
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO

9/11 Memorial events for Law Enforcement?

I'm working on 9/11, so I will be participating in whatever we may do here locally, but i'm intending on going to NYC next year for 9/11. I'm wondering what if anything, may be done at ground zero ceremony wise on 9/11. I saw one year several UK officers all showed up at Ground zero on 9/11 in uniform. I'm just wondering if there is a specific course of events for 9/11 at ground zero, if their may be a LEO get together, if I should go in uniform (i'm thinking not, but if there is a large attendance of leo's in full dress I would as well).

Anyone know anything? I'm planning on going up through Ohio to visit family, then going to the United 93 memorial in PA, then continuing to NYC for 9/11, and going to the NLEOM in D.C. on the way back home.

Anyone want to go with me to New York next year? I would like to have friends accompany me. I'm a big guy, but I get emotional. I'd like it if others would be interested in going with me to visit and pay their respects. I'll even offer you a ride if you want. I'm just not sure I want to go alone. My wife plans to go with me, but it would be nice to have some leo brothers and sisters who would commit to going as well. I may ask my partner tommorow if he would go with me also.
    Here Speeder, Speeder, Speeder

"Oderint dum metuant" - Caligula

"How come you only call me when someone's dead?"

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I'm working on 9/11, so I will be participating in whatever we may do here locally, but i'm intending on going to NYC next year for 9/11. I'm wondering what if anything, may be done at ground zero ceremony wise on 9/11. I saw one year several UK officers all showed up at Ground zero on 9/11 in uniform. I'm just wondering if there is a specific course of events for 9/11 at ground zero, if their may be a LEO get together, if I should go in uniform (i'm thinking not, but if there is a large attendance of leo's in full dress I would as well).

Anyone know anything? I'm planning on going up through Ohio to visit family, then going to the United 93 memorial in PA, then continuing to NYC for 9/11, and going to the NLEOM in D.C. on the way back home.

Anyone want to go with me to New York next year? I would like to have friends accompany me. I'm a big guy, but I get emotional. I'd like it if others would be interested in going with me to visit and pay their respects. I'll even offer you a ride if you want. I'm just not sure I want to go alone. My wife plans to go with me, but it would be nice to have some leo brothers and sisters who would commit to going as well. I may ask my partner tommorow if he would go with me also.

If you plan on coming to NYC, definitely give me a shout.
    More than happy to meet up with a fellow brother from out of town
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    You wanta go, and I have the day off, I will ride with ya. Heck, even if I don't, I should be able to get the day.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I'm in, if civvies are invited.

kdm0409 is offline ^ Female Deputy
    Memphis, stop by Nashville on your way and pick me up and I'll go as well. I have been to NY once and that was in 97 and I have wanted to make it back since 9/11, but seems that I am always working. If you decide to go, I'll be there!
    It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.
    ______________________________ __________
    An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break.
    ______________________________ __________
    In vino veritas!

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Here's a 9/11 related event if anyone is interested in something for this year.

Freedom Walk

Dinosaur32 is offline Long In The Tooth
    For anyone that is intereseted, we do a breakfast and Mass at St. Andrews Church and then a ceremony at our Memorial at the courthouse. St. andrews Church is located in front of NYPD headquarters and behind the Federal Courthouse only a few blocks from the WTC. All are welcome LEO or civilian, it is an annual ceremony.
    Last edited by Dinosaur32; 09-08-06 at 01:56 PM.

Radar is offline We all bleed blue
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I'm going with this. For all those interested, i'm going next year, just want to make that clear. and i'm planning on going through Nashville, then up to visit family breifly in Ohio, going to the united 93 site in PA, then on to NYC with a return through DC. So those of you east coasties are welcome to attend, but ya'll may need to make your own carpool plans, i'm coming back that way, but had not planned on going up that way, sorry. KDM, i'll be going through Spring Hill and Nashville, so my wife and I could pick you up. I wouldn't mind discussing SRO'in with you anyway. I have an interest in pursuing that.

I'm glad to see that others are interested. Maybe we can make it a LEF event of sorts, a group gathering for memorial.

Virgin, you're more than welcome to attend. I posted on the public side on purpose.

Dino- should I bring my class A's? Should we all? Have you seen that done before and is it recommended? I'd planned on going Class A to the NLEOM in D.C. I'm envious. NYPD's Class A's is far more formal than my dept's.
    Here Speeder, Speeder, Speeder

"Oderint dum metuant" - Caligula

"How come you only call me when someone's dead?"

bikecop3141 is offline Officer First Class
    Put me down as a possible. I can jump in with ya in Nashville. I would love to make the trip! I haven't been to NYC since 1990!

CopsRCool302 Guest
    I can't go, but please say a prayer for me, You all be safe on your trip.

Thread Information