Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Cause of death?

OFK
    OFK is offline Trollicious

Cause of death?

OK, I have taken my trip down morbid lane and in my travels I ran into this:

"Addict found dead in his home

A body of a 33-year-old man was found in his home by South American police after he had been dead for over a week. The man reportedly abused alcohol and inhalants on a daily basis and police think this played a role in his death. Initially they suspected murder but the lack of wounds on the body and the presence of money left in the room led them to discount that theory.
    "

Then, I scroll down here (warning graphic) http://www.ogrish.com/archives/addic...p_23_2006.htmlto see the photos and am expecting a not so bloody scene (based on the above) and I am trying to understand what could have possibly happened to this man that landed him in this condition. (aside from a little decomposition) I personally do not know just how drug abuse and death as a result work, as far as what happens to the body but the "lack of wounds" and the amount of blood seem to contradict the photos. OK well, that and the hammer.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    The hammer. Hmm. Yeah, and the huge freaking boils all over his body. Looks like a plague to me.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Growler is offline I is not happy
    Verified LEO
    Another was to look at it what was the temp of the room? Heat can do strange things to a body, seeping out any orafice. If there are no wounds to indicate the hammer was used, heat can be a pain in the arse.
    And if used alcohol and inhalants constantly, there is a possibility that something burst and just took it's time to seep out.

Who wants dinner?

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I think he's a bit ripe... They get juicy.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

1*girl Guest
    Reminds me of a story some firefighters I know told me. They got a foul odor call, blah blah blah...were carrying the body out when one of them lost his grip and dropped his end and well, it exploded.

Think about that sight and smell and decide if you want dinner lol.

OFK
    OFK is offline Trollicious
    Quote Originally Posted by 1*girl View Post
    Reminds me of a story some firefighters I know told me. They got a foul odor call, blah blah blah...were carrying the body out when one of them lost his grip and dropped his end and well, it exploded.

Think about that sight and smell and decide if you want dinner lol.

I just ate beef stroganoff...YUMMY!

SRT Sniper is offline Improvise-Adapt-Overcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by OFK View Post
    OK, I have taken my trip down morbid lane and in my travels I ran into this:

Then, I scroll down here (warning graphic) http://www.ogrish.com/archives/addic...p_23_2006.htmlto see the photos and am expecting a not so bloody scene (based on the above) and I am trying to understand what could have possibly happened to this man that landed him in this condition. (aside from a little decomposition) I personally do not know just how drug abuse and death as a result work, as far as what happens to the body but the "lack of wounds" and the amount of blood seem to contradict the photos. OK well, that and the hammer.
    OFK, The blood is a result of the body sitting in one place for a period of time... With post-mortem lividity, the blood pools in the lowest parts of the body and will, given enough time, seep through the skin tissue leaving a "pool" of blood under the body. The creapiest one I ever saw was a teenage suicide by hanging... Body had been hanging for two or three days (if memory serves me) and there were NO incisor or other types of wounds except the obvious neck injuries, yet there was a fairly substantial pool of blood on the floor beneath the feet. This was my very first non-violent DB and quite frankly haven't had that many since. (non-violent = as in not gunshot, stabbing, industrial, explosive, etc., and yes it was quite some time back!)
    You are a sniper when all other methods to save a life are failing...
    You are a counter-sniper when someone else thinks they are as good as you with a rifle.

Nec hostium timete, nec amicum reusate - Audentes fortuna iuvat - Nemo me impune laedere
    Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas

Thread Information