Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    LEOSupporter is offline I'm Just Me

If you could do it over again what would it be?

If I could do it over again, I would have stayed in the room.

My Dad was in the hospital with cancer, he was getting so much morphine that his doctor said any drug addict would have OD'd (sp) on it.

I was standing by his side with my sisters boyfriend behind me. I noticed his tongue flipping in and out of his mouth, and right there I knew something wasn't right. When my sisters b/f (we'll call him Joe) said 'Oh No', I knew I wasn't seeing things and I left the room.

I did not want to remember my dad like that,so I went to have a smoke. Took about 3-4 drags than put it out to go back into the room. As i was going down the hall almost to the room, Joe came out saying it was over.

To this day I remember how my dad looked than, and I feel I should never had abandoned him like that.

If I could do it again I would stay in the room till the very end.

Anything else in my life I would not change

NOTE: i am now at peace with my parents deaths, but still miss them both a lot and think of them daily.
    We don't get old, we get distinguished....the reason we don't get old is because we refuse to grow up!

unknown

L.E. Psych is offline Officer First Class
    LEO Supporter, thank you for sharing your story. Seeing someone you love die is extremely hard. I recently had this experience with my grandmother, all though I had nightmares for weeks, I had made a promise to her that she would not die alone, and I kept that promise.

As for going back and changing things in life, think about this......

If you change one thing even the smallest thing that has happened to you, things in your life might be completely different for you right now, maybe it could be better, but it could be worse. Each event, each person we meet, everyday we have is a gift, but it is also a lesson. Life itself is a lesson.

With that thought in mind, I am going to share an arguement that I had with the Cop Shrink prior to being accepted into the academy (pre-req here in FL as I am sure in other parts as well) He sat there and asked me if I could change the bad things that happened to me through out my life, would I. My reply was NO WAY!!! He insisted on an explanation, of course he knew a great deal about my past experiences, traumas, etc.... so he kept asking about specific incidents my reply was always no I would not change a thing. I would not go back, alter delete any of it, period!!!!

Every incident, trauma, experience, etc... that has occured in my life I have learned from, these lessons have made me stronger, empathetic to others, and given me a broader education on life. I have taken positives from the negatives and help others through what I have learned, experienced and endured. If I would change one thing, it might just alter something else, which may alter something else........ I might not have my two beautiful children, my amazing husband, a profession that I love....

Life is a lesson, and life has many lessons to teach us, it is what you take from each lesson that determines who you are and how you present yourself to the world. I have learned far to much from my lessons and would not change that for the world.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Good post, and great follow-up post by L.E. Pysch. Without going into detail, I know how you feel when it comes to that.

L.E. Psych,

You are right on what you said. I messed up on the thread some.

I should have said "If you could do it over again, what would it be"

From my 46 years of life experiences that would be the only thing, yet I did make up for it by being there for my mom in her last years of life.

I do not even clai my marriage being a mistake because my son was and is not a mistake. We anteda healthy good baby boy, that now i have to look up too. My marriage was a learning experience for me.

Will I marry again? Can't say, but it isn't on my 'to do' list.

Will I have any more kids..nope, waiting for grandkids (unless I do marry again and there are premade step kids)
    We don't get old, we get distinguished....the reason we don't get old is because we refuse to grow up!

unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Good post, and great follow-up post by L.E. Pysch. Without going into detail, I know how you feel when it comes to that.

Thanks, although I should have had the title as I you could do it over again what would it be.

unknown

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by LEOSupporter View Post
    Thanks, although I should have had the title as I you could do it over again what would it be.

Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Fixed

Thank You!

unknown

slamdunc is offline On The Beat
    1. Been nicer to the little girl who turned out to be so hot; who woulda known?
    2. Vascetomy at age 16.
    3. Join Air Force at age 18.
    4. Been retired from military when I started career in law enforcement.
    5. Invested a little more cautiously.
    'The Art of War' teaches us to "Rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's coming, but on our own readiness to receive him"--Sun Tsu

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Maybe gone on to med school, but then I wouldn't have had the experiences that I've had or met the people along the way....and I wouldn't trade them for the world. And I might not have a career for which I have a true passion. So I did things the way they were supposed to be for me.

I do regret not being a little more astute about some things, and not just long ago.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I do regret not being a little more astute about some things, and not just long ago.
    Maybe you have the same problem I do?

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
    Maybe you have the same problem I do?
    Gee, I hadn't considered that, Virginian. Thanks.

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    I would have stayed in the womb!
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -Thomas Jefferson

That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants. Jeff Cooper'

Cst.SB is offline Officer First Class
    Two things...

#1. I would have not been such a jealous idiot as a 17 yr kid. I had just started dating the greatest girl. I pursued her for an entire year, and I guess the stockholm syndrome finally kicked in, and she confessed her love for me.

Three weeks after I got angry that she had gone out with friends at the beach, Her ex boy friend was there and it pissed me off so I ignored her for a couple of days and skipped our regular Monday afternoon hangout session.

After calling me all morning she decided to go out again with the same group of friends . Later that afternoon she was killed in double fatal on the way home from the beach.

#2. AT 25 dumping a Versace cateloge model model because she was too loud in bed, and she called me to much.

Ok, now I am all bummed out.

If I could do it all over again, I would have been happy that my girlfriend had hung out with her friends that first day, and then spent the weekend, and that Monday afternoon with her.

Lizzy is offline Rookie
    Cst. SB

this is from a chick.............How the hell do you dump a Versace model that was 'too loud in bed'? Are you/Were you INSANE?
    Most men enjoy a little noise.

Cst.SB is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
    Cst. SB

this is from a chick.............How the hell do you dump a Versace model that was 'too loud in bed'? Are you/Were you INSANE?
    Most men enjoy a little noise.
    Well, if a gal is too loud, it throws your game off, and you start doubting yourself. And once you start thinking she's just pretending to have a good time, it's not a good scene...

There are also the issue of trying to close her bedroom window with my left foot once she got going. It's used to give me a nasty cramp in the ass. But it had to be done, her boy friend was some crazy middle eastern guy that owned a limo company, that would send his drivers over to check up on her.

God, I miss her.

One day I'll tell you and the stripper that threw me down on the ground and licked my armpits on our first date. Now, she was a freak!

OMG, my eyes are welling up... I miss her too

JohnnyRotten is offline Rentacop trainer
    I'd have gone to The Citadel when I had the chance...
    "My motivation is slipping, people bug me, and I'm tired of wasting my time on drivel."

- Rep. Otis Pike (D - NY)

depusm12 is offline Patrolman
    Verified LEO
    I would joined the US Marshall's Service and be a Deputy US Marshall right now, or a Senior Deputy US Marshall. Oh well stuff happens LMAO.
    James
    Dept of the Army Civilian Police
    "Loyalty above all else, except Honor"
    Never forget those who fell on 9/11/01
    S&W beats 4 Aces every time

Lizzy is offline Rookie
    My woulda coulda shoulda would have been to go to medical school rather than nursing school.

Still amazed about the making too much noise one too. Will have to tell me about the stripper another time.

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    If I could do it over again, I would do it for me!

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I would have elected to raise my daughter on my own rather than getting into a hasty and abusive marriage.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information