Your patrol car...

Lets see your patrol car....

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Some will have to shovel it out first..
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I have a passion for patrol cars and actually collect all the nice pictures I can of them. I have an entire folder dedicated to police vehicles, which is even broken down from state to state, then departments within the states. If you post a picture of a vehicle, please include the department and state in which it belongs to! Thanks!

OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I'll bite since I just got the new one...

You can see some here and here.
    There are only two kinds of real justice left: street and poetic...

Canada, huh? Almost made it...

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

Matt is offline Rookie
    Nice car, off duty. How do you like the new impala's? I don't know about that light bar though...

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Duty View Post
    I'll bite since I just got the new one...

You can see some here and here.

Not too bad. I don't know how I feel about the small, off-centered "Police" sticker on the rear end though. I guess the emblem gets in the way of a larger centered one. How do you like the Impalas? I haven't heard much about them from anybody since they're not so regularly used...

bikecop3141 is offline Officer First Class
    I have seen several of the new ones on the road here in Nashville. I'm still in a 2000, but the new chief wants to get chargers with the Hemi!!
    I don't know how long that will be, but I'll try to post pics when I find out. Off Duty, you are only the second person I know with more LEDs in the back window than me! Enjoy the new ride!

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO

Just got the same one and color yesterday. It is my "new" assigned vehicle. Only 101083 miles on it. rusted floor board, bad seats 4 different tires. Just a nice POS.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO

"Stupid should hurt."

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    To answer the question, I'm coming out of a POS Intrepid (worst..car..ever)so the head and legroom is greatly improved. The handling and turning ratios I am impressed with- very crisp response, easy to steer (with or without knees), easy to shuffle steer. Braking is good too. Engine is quite peppy and on par with the Interpid (spelling intentional), which I thought hauls quite well.

Light bar wise, yeah definitely NOT thrilled, but the Streethawks have been around since 1988 (some are still the same ones). Admin doesnt "get" the logic to LED bars or something smaller when we have 2 PALLETS of the old ones that "are perfectly fine" (they buy new lens sets for them). The LED upgrades around the car I invested myself in (to about $1000.00 worth). They came in handy the other night when the wiring for the old SHs overheated and the overheads cut out while I was giving SFSTs roadsise. If it wasnt for them it could have been bad...

So yeah, the lightbars are the Achille's heel in the visual of the car. All in all, I do like the 06 better all around over the older Impalas, as well as Dodges. I would still love a CVPI, but we're done with Fords.

I agree with the graphics. The Dodges have a larger POLICE in the middle, but the decal set on the 06's are from the 01-05s and you know the panel in the middle didnt permit larger lettering, so I agree with the offset.

Hey, I just work here.

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by bikecop3141 View Post
    I have seen several of the new ones on the road here in Nashville. I'm still in a 2000, but the new chief wants to get chargers with the Hemi!!
    I don't know how long that will be, but I'll try to post pics when I find out. Off Duty, you are only the second person I know with more LEDs in the back window than me! Enjoy the new ride!
    (all around- front Whelen SlimlighterM and dual Talon, side TIR3s and rear 911EP WL28 (r/b) and up top TD28 (RAAAAAAB). Corner strobes frt and rear in clears. Hows that?)

Hah! There is a guy here too that I think subliminally tries to out-do me. He has a slick top, but when I get something, he gets something soon after. Got the TIR3s on the side- he gets double stack TIR3s.

Show me them LEDS!
    Last edited by OffDuty; 09-28-06 at 11:02 PM.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Duty View Post
    To answer the question, I'm coming out of a POS Intrepid (worst..car..ever)so the head and legroom is greatly improved. The handling and turning ratios I am impressed with- very crisp response, easy to steer (with or without knees), easy to shuffle steer. Braking is good too. Engine is quite peppy and on par with the Interpid (spelling intentional), which I thought hauls quite well.

Light bar wise, yeah definitely NOT thrilled, but the Streethawks have been around since 1988 (some are still the same ones). Admin doesnt "get" the logic to LED bars or something smaller when we have 2 PALLETS of the old ones that "are perfectly fine" (they buy new lens sets for them). The LED upgrades around the car I invested myself in (to about $1000.00 worth). They came in handy the other night when the wiring for the old SHs overheated and the overheads cut out while I was giving SFSTs roadsise. If it wasnt for them it could have been bad...

So yeah, the lightbars are the Achille's heel in the visual of the car. All in all, I do like the 06 better all around over the older Impalas, as well as Dodges. I would still love a CVPI, but we're done with Fords.

I agree with the graphics. The Dodges have a larger POLICE in the middle, but the decal set on the 06's are from the 01-05s and you know the panel in the middle didnt permit larger lettering, so I agree with the offset.

Hey, I just work here.
    Glad to hear you like it! And I'm sure the LEDs you purchased look pretty nice when activated...

Cheech Guest

Matt is offline Rookie
    Very nice car, Tony.

Off Duty- thanks for the detailed response. Sounds like a similar mentality the administration has here, "how much light do you need?" on the plus side they're using strobe bars, which are much much better than the street hawks.

Thread Information