Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO

How Little Tony Blair's Gov. Value Police

The UK Home Office are considering plans to make Assault on Police an on the spot fine of 100! ($187)

Shows how much they think of their police service. I wonder if I'd just get 100 fine if I assaulted Tony Blair? It would be worth it, that's for sure.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    I agree. That's ridiculous. Is it true that y'all don't have police brutality restrictions over there? That is to say- you can use as much force as you want on a perp? I talked to a bobby during the '96 olympics over here and that's the impression he gave me. If so, then looks like "ass kicking in lieu of a fine" is in order.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

pmfc is offline ^

Angry

Wow, first they say UK police can't carry guns. Now this?

Maybe they would prefer the anarchy that would occur if there were no LE?

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    No, sorry Rhino, only 'reasonable force' is permitted.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

lesta311 is offline Evil is my business.......
    In NC, it's only a misdameanor to assualt an officer. As long as it's not an aggravated assault, they can get off with a fine. ( $100 to $150 )

Glad to hear were not the only country that doesen't care about it's police.

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    Now here is the 1 million dollar question. Everywhere the terminology of the law is different, in one place assault is physical, in another it is verbal. In Illinois it is a Felony for Battery to a Police Officer and Assault of a Police.

(b) Sentence.
    Aggravated assault as defined in paragraphs (1) through (5) and (8) through (12) and (17) of subsection (a) of this Section is a Class A misdemeanor. Aggravated assault as defined in paragraphs (13), (14), and (15) of subsection (a) of this Section and as defined in subsection (a‑5) of this Section is a Class 4 felony. Aggravated assault as defined in paragraphs (6), (7), (16), and (18) of subsection (a) of this Section is a Class A misdemeanor if a firearm is not used in the commission of the assault. Aggravated assault as defined in paragraphs (6), (7), (16), and (18) of subsection (a) of this Section is a Class 4 felony if a firearm is used in the commission of the assault.

(e) Sentence.
    Aggravated battery is a Class 3 felony, except a violation of subsection (a) is a Class 2 felony when the person knows the individual harmed to be a peace officer engaged in the execution of any of his or her official duties, or the battery is to prevent the officer from performing his or her official duties, or in retaliation for the officer performing his or her official duties.

A sentence of periodic imprisonment shall be for a definite term of from 3 to 4 years for a Class 1 felony, 18 to 30 months for a Class 2 felony, and up to 18 months
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    trojan what was the charge/fine before.
    when my partner got ran over the suspect was charged with criminal attempt 2nd murder. when we went to the primarily hearing it got dropped to agg. assault because my partner was not hurt bad enough.

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    To be honest they don't get a much different level of fine at court for assault police.
    maybe the court will award £50 compensation to the officer so we won't even get that now.
    Most of the assault police charges are for the more minor assault. Certainly around my neck of the woods if you cause reasonable level of injury, if their is such a thing, then you will be charged.
    Curiously enough I was in with a prisoner this am and they were discussing what to do with an overnight lock up who had spat at an officer.£50 ticket for disorderly behaviour or charge and court. Custody sgt didn't hesitate, he's going to court!
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

Lo523 is offline Master Officer
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Tony B LIAR is at it again!........ bet he wouldn't change the laws so damned quickly if he was the one on the receiving end of the crap we have to put up with on a daily basis! It's great to be valued!
    Never approach a bull by the front, a horse from behind, or an idiot from any direction.

L.E. Psych is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo523 View Post
    Tony B LIAR is at it again!........ bet he wouldn't change the laws so damned quickly if he was the one on the receiving end of the crap we have to put up with on a daily basis! It's great to be valued!
    Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Quote Originally Posted by lesta311 View Post
    In NC, it's only a misdameanor to assualt an officer. As long as it's not an aggravated assault, they can get off with a fine. ( $100 to $150 )

It's a felony if someone commits a battery on me while in the performance of my duties.

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Quote Originally Posted by lesta311 View Post

It's a felony in Arkansas if someone commits a battery on me while in the performance of my duties.

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by bufford408 View Post
    It's a felony in Arkansas if someone commits a battery on me while in the performance of my duties.

Quote Originally Posted by bufford408 View Post
    Does that make it two felonies?

Class C felony here too. But, a lot of times I've seen it get bargained down to "Interfering" which is a misdemeanor when there's no weapon other than hands/feet .
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

Standard Dave is offline Constable
    Thats more than the last two who assaulted me got

One was cautioned (admin write off for offender with previous good character) for hitting me in the face, the only reason I didn't have injuries is because I moved and the doorman I was with assisted me to "restrain" the offender (on CCTV so nothing to OTT).

The other was being arrested on suspicion of Robbery and Grevious bodily harm, Kicked off when arrested causing the injuries attached as photos (not serious but obviously visible as injuries) to me and causing one of my team to sprain his wrist (he was off for 3 days and strapped up for weeks). The offender with previous for violence and drugs offences was charged with Obstruct Police against me and possession of cannabis.

Thread Information