Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pay Scales

HardNoseBull is offline HardNoseBull

Pay Scales

hi guys just curiouse what kind of pay and leave scales are like out there.

We just signed a new contract so a recruit starts 50,000 for the first year and after 5 years tops out at 70,000 plus shift diff at 2 buck a hour and stat pay and pretty much ot when you want. we resign in 2010 so we should go up again. As for leave right now I get 15 annual,17 sick and 5 family related. My sick and annual carry over every year, the FR's have be used each year, we get 5 fresh ones at the begining of the fiscal year. If you get hurt and run out of sock they have to top you up 25 days. As for uniforms they are on a yearly points system. Sorry forgot to add that we get mileage when on OT coming to and from, daily per diem for a overnigher,is 10.00 for brecky,12.00 for lunch and I think it's 33.00 for supper and 17.00 a day for incidentles, plus hotel, also full benefits. Cst.S.B and I work for 2 diff agencies but the same boss Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness portfolio under the Sol Gen of Canada. Also all OT after second day of rest is double bubble.
    Last edited by HardNoseBull; 10-01-06 at 11:41 PM.

OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Holy crap! You guys hiring!?!?!?
    There are only two kinds of real justice left: street and poetic...

Canada, huh? Almost made it...

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Duty View Post
    Holy crap! You guys hiring!?!?!?
    No shit! Where do I get an application?

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Canadian Dollars, I bet.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    Is that pay Canadian or American $ ????

LOLO, yes in canadian dollars, but remember we are like 89 or 90 cents on the american dollar,LOLO.

Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    Canadian Dollars, I bet.
    Is that more than what our's is worth? Still got to be worth more then that joke I get every two weeks.

Cst.SB is offline Officer First Class
    We top out at 3 years as of 2007 at 73,000, not including OT, Shift Diff, and Stat Holidays..

Plus we have a few other perks, northern living allowance if you want to work an Isolated post and have 10 calls a year and fish for 45lb salmon while on duty..

And we have "non taxable expense claims" or "1393s".. So, when I get called in for OT, I claim 47cents a km, and a $21 meal... all non taxable on top of the OT.

Then if you live up north you get to claim 1393 expenses for things like "going to the dentist" I know a guy that used to get $1200 everytime he or his wife (because she didn't drive and he had too) went to the dentist.

I also have a troopmate in a limited duration post in Saskatchewan that lives in force housing and pays $75 a month for rent..

We also have 100% Medical and Dental and pay nothing out of pocket. My back is sore I walk in the Chiroprator and "crack" I'm out.. with no limit on visits..

the only crumby thing was that the force was mandated in 1873 to have 300 members. By 1874 we had 150 members and have been short ever since... hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Cst.SB View Post
    We top out at 3 years as of 2007 at 73,000, not including OT, Shift Diff, and Stat Holidays..

Plus we have a few other perks, northern living allowance if you want to work an Isolated post and have 10 calls a year and fish for 45lb salmon while on duty..

And we have "non taxable expense claims" or "1393s".. So, when I get called in for OT, I claim 47cents a km, and a $21 meal... all non taxable on top of the OT.

Then if you live up north you get to claim 1393 expenses for things like "going to the dentist" I know a guy that used to get $1200 everytime he or his wife (because she didn't drive and he had too) went to the dentist.

I also have a troopmate in a limited duration post in Saskatchewan that lives in force housing and pays $75 a month for rent..

We also have 100% Medical and Dental and pay nothing out of pocket. My back is sore I walk in the Chiroprator and "crack" I'm out.. with no limit on visits..

the only crumby thing was that the force was mandated in 1873 to have 300 members. By 1874 we had 150 members and have been short ever since... hahaha
    ****Wimpering with head down low!******

Cst.SB is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by bufford408 View Post
    ****Wimpering with head down low!******
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm poor living in Vancouver Lower Mainland area of BC.. A crack shack is out of my price range in my detachment area. The average fixer upper is about 500k. I could buy a place for 300k an hour commute (on a really good day.. and 5 hours on a day with accident on the highway).. And even then, it would need a lot of work.

If I lived just about anywhere else in the country it would be great money.

In Vancouver, with a family of five, and me as the only bread winner, we just get by.

I make $26,000 and year(will raise to $30,000 in January). A 2300 sq foot four bedroom house costs about $130,000 new around here. But I live in an apt for free because they like the cop car in front. I don't think I could afford to live where you work. No let me change that, I damn well know I could not afford it!

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    I just passed my three year marker. My base pay is $57,752, then add 20% for midnight diff, 50% for any Sundays worked, 2.5x on Holidays (I think there are ten/ year) and 2x rate for all overtime (over 8 hrs/day). I am expecting about 3% COLA raise in January. Last year (at a lower base pay) I cleared 20,000 in shift premiums, holidays etc. OT is plentiful if you want to work it, up to an additional $35k/year where they cut you off. Not too shabby.

"Stupid should hurt."

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Ronin, that's it. If I am ever in the Detroit area (not likely, but stranger things have happened) then you're buying the beer. And I may crash in your garage. LOL
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

I'm making good money now, but you cannot get a nice house for a good price. I bought my home 3 years ago brand new. 2400 sqft modified bi level, for 140,000 with a unfinished basment and no garage, I can sell it for 240-250 now. The average price of a house in Red Deer the city just down the highway from me is 325.000.

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'm on top rate for my rank. Constable.
    My take home is now at &#163;1,700 ( Around $3000 ) per 4 weeks.
    My unit gets very little overtime though. However if you worked elsewhere you could probably add &#163;300 -&#163;500 in overtime.
    28 days annual leave.
    Only problem is house prices are silly almost everywhere in the UK.
    Also the new guys starting can no longer get the allowances I do and will not recieve the same pension benefits.
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    We start at approx. $40,000... Top out after three years around $65,000 (70K for Detective/corpls... around 75K for Sgts). I think our vacation starts at around 12 days per year, and goes up after 5 years. We also get 18 sick days yearly, and once you've stacked 90 days of sick time (ex: 5 years without a sick day, or longer depending on how many you use) you can take any additional sick days as pay or time off... in other words, an extra 18 days vacation per year Plus, if you ever leave the department you get your 90 days worth of accumulated sick time paid out.

Average starter home in our metro area probably runs between about $180k and 230K, depending on what you define as a "starter" home, and what burb you want to live in ... I just went into contract on a 2400sq ft ranch home with a 2 car garage in a decent area for $215k (to me that seems like a lot, based on where I grew up, but it is still pretty cheap compared to some areas of the country... like CA)

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Ronin, that's it. If I am ever in the Detroit area (not likely, but stranger things have happened) then you're buying the beer. And I may crash in your garage. LOL
    Nope... FSCF and his lovely wife will take you in. They each earn more than me, and he's got leftover beer from his last party. So, I'll see you there!

"Stupid should hurt."

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    A police recruit in Plano TX starts out at $47k. After 6 months on the job he's making $52k, and after 3 years it's $63k

And that's not including merit pay, overtime, etc.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HardNoseBull View Post
    I'm making good money now, but you cannot get a nice house for a good price. I bought my home 3 years ago brand new. 2400 sqft modified bi level, for 140,000 with a unfinished basment and no garage, I can sell it for 240-250 now. The average price of a house in Red Deer the city just down the highway from me is 325.000.

I know alot of people say or think that people from the South are dumb, well let me disprove that real quick. I've been in law enforcement for almost 5 years now. I've been at my current job for just over a year ago. I started out at step 4 for a deputy 43,300K a year. Add 10% for a four year degree. We do not get shift differential, but we do get 2.5x pay for working holidays. We also have some sweet extra job oppertunities, which I am about to start taking advantage of those. Right now it is October and I have already earned just about 50k. Now you thinking I might make more than that, but you don't live in the best kept secret in the nation. I live in 2400 sq ft house with 4 bed rooms and 3 full baths. Bought it for 198k new 3 years ago. On the market now for 239k. New house is 2600 sq ft, bigger but same amount of rooms and a full basement, and it sits on an acre of land. All brick, hardwoods throughout, tons of granit, screened in back deck, tons of room to finish in the basement 340k. The cost of living in Alabama is nothing compared to other areas of the country. Gas is cheap and the women are well damn smokin hot. Then the real kicker, my wife is an RN that makes about twice what I do. Having said that saying ya'll and eating grits never felt so good.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Man, we don't come close to any of that. Hahahahahaha. haha. ha.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa!
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information