Welcome to the APBWeb.
    OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Help me help you

If you are going to call the police for a vehicle who "assaulted you" say, hypothetically, by throwing a water bottle at you.. (after you yelled at them to "slow down" over a perceived misconception of vehicular speed), then if you cannot get a vehicle license plate thats fine.

What is not helpful is a description of a car as a "black sports car". also generalizations such as "its low to the ground" and "dark windows" does NOT help me.

Again, to recap.

Helpful: "the car is a new style Monte Carlo, probably 2000 or newer, and it had a headlight out. The plate was AGS3838. The driver was a white guy with blond hair, short."

Not helpful: "its a white van. Maybe a Chevy or a Ford". "Its a dark colored 2 door car" "the first two digits of the plate are 31" (esp. if the county you are in starts with the same two digit prefix for every in county plate).

/rant. Thank you, that is all
    There are only two kinds of real justice left: street and poetic...

Canada, huh? Almost made it...

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    I have to agree. The public, God bless their souls try but just can't quite get it.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Duty View Post
    The driver was a white guy with blond hair, short
    What if you're embarrassed about identifying a criminal by race? Can you just say "The driver had a burnt sienna skin tone and sepia hair"?

SRT Sniper is offline Improvise-Adapt-Overcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    What if you're embarrassed about identifying a criminal by race? Can you just say "The driver had a burnt sienna skin tone and sepia hair"?
    NOPE!!
    You are a sniper when all other methods to save a life are failing...
    You are a counter-sniper when someone else thinks they are as good as you with a rifle.

Nec hostium timete, nec amicum reusate - Audentes fortuna iuvat - Nemo me impune laedere
    Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas

OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    "auburn, with a slight tint of cinnamon"
    There are only two kinds of real justice left: street and poetic...

Canada, huh? Almost made it...

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Were you listening to my calls yesterday?

I had a lady wanting to file a police report for road rage. She admitted to pulling into a lane where a car already happened to be. But the other driver followed her, yelled at her, and splashed water on her car.

She called me on her cell phone, as she was leaving to go back home.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I've said it in the past and I'll say it again

You haven't been banned yet?
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    I've said it in the past and I'll say it again

You haven't been banned yet?
    Actually, Jenna brings up a good point. Some people feel like they have to apologize if the DB was of another race.

Remember when Robin Wright Penn (Sean's wife aka Princess bride) got car-jacked? She tells the 911 operator they "seemed so nice."

Ya know, if someone car-jacked my vehicle, while my child was in the car, it would be "those (insert race) mother f*ckers jacked my car!
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

nitestokker is offline Banned

Cool

One of my favorites: "This truck driver on I-80 in front of me is drunk or on drugs. He's swerving and can't control his truck!" Listen, bitch. This is the high plains of Western Nebraska. There are almost no trees and definitely no hills. It's freakin' flat, he's driving a truck pulling an empty box trailer and the wind is blowing FIFTY miles per hour from North to South. Do the math and stay the hell out of his way!!!! He's trying to feed his kids and you're probably just going to Vegas to bang your boss. SHUT UP!!!! BTW, whatever you do, don't tell 911 about the forty "Kees" of Satan's Pride in the trunk!!!!!

Thread Information