Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO

To the Hoosiers Out Their

I was out at Kingsbury Shooting range, which I may add looks very nice since the rehab. Well there were 2 town Marshalls. What the hell is a town Marshall? I have never seen that one before.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

jdrew is offline Ever get so bored, you just stare at your balls?
    Information Maintained by the Office of Code Revision Indiana Legislative Services Agency
    10/06/2006 04:52:09 PM EDT
    IC 36-5-7
    Chapter 7. Town Marshal

IC 36-5-7-1
    Application of chapter
    Sec. 1. This chapter applies to all towns that have not abolished the office of town marshal.
    As added by Acts 1980, P.L.212, SEC.4.

IC 36-5-7-2
    Appointment; compensation
    Sec. 2. The town legislative body shall appoint a town marshal and fix his compensation.

IC 36-5-7-3
    Tenure; termination or suspension; procedures
    Sec. 3. The marshal serves at the pleasure of the town legislative body. However, before terminating or suspending a marshal who has been employed by the town for more than six (6) months after completing the minimum basic training requirements adopted by the law enforcement training board under IC 5-2-1-9, the legislative body must conduct the disciplinary removal and appeals procedure prescribed by IC 36-8 for city fire and police departments.

IC 36-5-7-4
    Chief police officer; powers and duties
    Sec. 4. The marshal is the chief police officer of the town and has the powers of other law enforcement officers in executing the orders of the legislative body and enforcing laws. The marshal or his deputy:
    (1) shall serve all process directed to him by the town court or legislative body;
    (2) shall arrest without process all persons who commit an offense within his view, take them before a court having jurisdiction, and detain them in custody until the cause of the arrest has been investigated;
    (3) shall suppress breaches of the peace;
    (4) may, if necessary, call the power of the town to his aid;
    (5) may execute search warrants and arrest warrants; and
    (6) may pursue and jail persons who commit an offense.

IC 36-5-7-5
    Service as street commissioner, chief of fire department, or both
    Sec. 5. The town legislative body may require the marshal to serve as street commissioner, chief of the fire department, or both.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IC 36-5-7-6
    Deputy marshals; appointment; powers and liabilities; bond, compensation, and term; dismissal; procedure
    Sec. 6. (a) The town legislative body shall by ordinance fix the number of deputy marshals. The town legislative body may by ordinance authorize the marshal to appoint deputy marshals. Deputy marshals have the powers and liabilities of the marshal in executing the orders of the legislative body or enforcing laws.
    (b) One (1) deputy marshal may be designated as the town humane officer. He has the duties prescribed by IC 36-8 for city humane officers.
    (c) The legislative body shall fix the amount of bond, compensation, and term of service of deputy marshals. The marshal may dismiss a deputy marshal at any time. However, a deputy marshal who has been employed by the town for more than six (6) months after completing the minimum basic training requirements adopted by the law enforcement training board under IC 5-2-1-9 may be dismissed only if the procedure prescribed by section 3 of this chapter is followed.
    As added by Acts 1980, P.L.212, SEC.4. Amended by P.L.51-1999, SEC.1.

Hope that helps.. lol

dlocke1419 is offline Officer First Class
    I need more info to understand!!!

jdrew is offline Ever get so bored, you just stare at your balls?
    I figured if I answered with the typical "A cop" answer, it wouldn't be telling him anything he didn't already figure out.

I guess I could have just posted the link.. oh well..
    Last edited by jdrew; 10-06-06 at 05:34 PM.

OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I had a few TMs in my academy class. One flunked out the first day- couldnt do *A* pushup.. came back later for less strenous TM School
    There are only two kinds of real justice left: street and poetic...

Canada, huh? Almost made it...

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

dlocke1419 is offline Officer First Class
    just giving you trouble, but thanks for the post because i never know exactly what they were either.

Thread Information