Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    nitestokker is offline Banned

The US Out Of The UN...............???

Who else out there besides me thinks the UN is impotent and the US needs to get out of the UN? I think we need to get out of that corrupt and lame organization as well as kicking them off our soil and sending them to some crappy country where they are acually worried about their safety for a change. Maybe if those corrupt, no-nuts assholes were actually feeling the fear and retribution felt every day by the people they endorse, they would have second thoughts about the daily mob style tactics they employ. What do you think?

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    I think nitestokker and I must be related!
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    +1
    We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    I'm with ya nitestokker.

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nitestokker View Post
    were actually feeling the fear and retribution felt every day by the people they endorse, they would have second thoughts about the daily mob style tactics they employ.
    I agree. They need to leave our great country and go to an Islamic country and take the hollywood sympathizers with them.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    I think nitestokker and I must be related!

Trojan,

Is there a following of people in the U.K. that believe the U.N. has outlived its usefullness?

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Detective7653 is offline Police Detective
    I agree the UN has no back bone and is lead by a corrupt leader Kofi "Coffee" Annan. But I think the UN is seen as a peace keeping force. So if we pulled out we could not get involved in anything without being seen as a country attacking for land. Not that were not already seen as that but it would be twisted around.
    Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friend. John 15:13

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    I think that the UN and NATO are both useless. Sorry to our allies in Europe but not to many have ever done anything to help us out. Shut the borders down and pull out of giving charity to all these countries and call it a day. Just my .02.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Trojan,

Is there a following of people in the U.K. that believe the U.N. has outlived its usefullness?
    Who can say?

Most of the people I know think it's never been much good. Just another thing to keep paying for. It, along with NATO, the European Union etc just seem to be a place for ex politicians to go and retain their ridiculously high wages.

Politicians here seem to use our Armed Forces to score political points, with no real regard as to the wisdom of the deployments, or realising that we have a finite number.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

CopsRCool302 Guest
    I think........ oh better not....... Just Bring our troops home safe, that's all I really care about..

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Detective7653 View Post
    I agree the UN has no back bone and is lead by a corrupt leader Kofi "Coffee" Annan. But I think the UN is seen as a peace keeping force. So if we pulled out we could not get involved in anything without being seen as a country attacking for land. Not that were not already seen as that but it would be twisted around.
    You seem like a nice guy, but you must either be running for political office this fall, you are a pacifist Mormon/Jehovah's Witness/Sceintologist or else you just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I respect your feelings, whatever they may be.....but be honest. We're all friends here and we pull no punches. Peace!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    Who can say?

Most of the people I know think it's never been much good. Just another thing to keep paying for. It, along with NATO, the European Union etc just seem to be a place for ex politicians to go and retain their ridiculously high wages.

Politicians here seem to use our Armed Forces to score political points, with no real regard as to the wisdom of the deployments, or realising that we have a finite number.
    I was just curious. There has been a growing question among people that I know that see no positives for the U.S. being in the U.N. Sounds like alot of the same gripes on your side of the pond too.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    The UN is the world's last best hope for world peace. Withdrawing from the UN might be forgivable if the US were completely isolationist It would be hypocritical for the US to withdraw from the UN while starting wars worldwide in the Orwellian name of "peace".

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    The UN is the world's last best hope for world peace. Withdrawing from the UN might be forgivable if the US were completely isolationist It would be hypocritical for the US to withdraw from the UN while starting wars worldwide in the Orwellian name of "peace".
    Oh no, you did not go there! You wanna throw down with a tried and true, down and dirty, A-One, dirt eating ground-pounder with THIRTEEN CONFIRMED kills in combat? I am also very well educated, so if you wanna battle with swords, words, bullets, fists or dirty looks................it's fuckin' ON! My country does not start wars, we FINISH them!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nitestokker View Post
    Oh no, you did not go there! You wanna throw down with a tried and true, down and dirty, A-One, dirt eating ground-pounder with THIRTEEN CONFIRMED kills in combat? I am also very well educated, so if you wanna battle with swords, words, bullets, fists or dirty looks................it's fuckin' ON! My country does not start wars, we FINISH them!
    As a pacifist, I certainly would not want to throw down with anyone, much less a "tried and true, down and dirty, A-One, dirt eating ground-pounder with THIRTEEN CONFIRMED kills in combat." No swords, words, bullets, fists or dirty looks for me, thank you. I'll back the **** up, as your tagline recommends....

I think we agree more than we disagree, especially about the Iraq War (as demonstrated in your other thread), which the US started but still hasn't finished. The UN may be our last best hope for getting out of there, a goal you and I both consider desirable.

Sorry Nice Lady that I got riled up on you. I apologize. I just take some things personally. Our government is definitely messed up. I just feel sorry for the troops and their families being caught in the middle. No hard feelings, i hope.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    No problem. I understand how angry it must make a patriot like you to see our government mess up at the expense of the troops and their families.

If only all the world could resolve their differences as peacefully as we have!

I guess I'm getting soft in my old age of 39. Years ago I would stomp the snot out of anyone who mean-mouthed my government or my fellow military homies. I guess I'm just too tired to fight any more. Oh well, at least we won't have to worry about those damn kids blasting their rap music when the Taliban takes over!

HardNoseBull is offline HardNoseBull
    I agree with removal of the UN. I think it has turned back into the League of nations that Let HITLER have a extended little sleepover in Poland and dine on smokes,coffee and french women under the eiffel tower. I think that we should stick with allies, Canada(thats me!),USA,UK,Australia, you our NATO buddies. I look at the UN and I see a flacid, bueracratic, useless attempt at amalgamating the world. Okay here's the deal, NATO countries, are FREE. Why are we dealing with CHINA,N.KOREA all these shit-holes on this level it has no effect. As for wars right now we in canada are losing a lot of good troops everyday. The Canadians people are 50-50 on Afghanistan right now, it pisses me off, we should be supporting our troops, not trying to cut and run. Ask any american soldier from the 10 mountain DIV. who was in Afgh. he'll say thank god for Canadian snipers. Sorry getting off topic. Anyways I think the UN's time has come and gone.
    Last edited by HardNoseBull; 10-10-06 at 02:34 AM.
    Giggity giggity Goo!

Glen Quagmire,Family Guy, Pick any Episode

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    The UN has outlived its usefulness.... if it was ever useful to begin with!?!

We should definitely relocate it elsewhere. Iran sounds nice.
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information