Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Something OFK said made me wonder,

There are a lot of Muslims in this country. Odds are, some of them share beliefs with the jihadists. What do you think our countrys reaction to islamic terrorist activities in our streets would be? What do you think the public reaction would be?
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

nitestokker is offline Banned
    I don't mean to offend anyone by this, but this is the freakin' truth: In my region anyone who even looks like a terrorist gets "detained" by the locals until we get there. It's almost always nothing, but you never know..........and it's nice to have good old-school farmers watching our back. I'm sorry if you are just a Pakistani medical student and you got slapped around by some farmers. But maybe you should go to college in fucking New York next time.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Another recession. I think people would be afraid to leave their houses to go to work, so we'd have economic collapse, or a recession much more severe than 9/11.

I for one would also be packing an assault rifle wherever I go, at least in the car. I keep 2,000 rounds of rifle ammo in the safe just for plinking, which may also be used for other things

If you remember, after 9/11, ammo was almost impossible to get (all sold out).
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 10-09-06 at 06:56 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Cool

Like I said in another post, I am right in the middle of Nuke central. A few weeks after 9/11 we converged on a "middle-eastern" man sitting in a van next to a missile silo. He turned out to be an Indian doctor and he sued but lost. But needless to say, he got roughed up a little. Once again, I am sorry if I make a mistake........but if your name is Mohammed, you have curly black hair and a permanent tan and you are sitting in a van twenty feet from a thermo-nuclear weapon, you are probably gonna get "questioned". "Nuff said.

Did you ever figure out what he was doing there?

(\__/)

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by nitestokker View Post
    Like I said in another post, I am right in the middle of Nuke central. A few weeks after 9/11 we converged on a "middle-eastern" man sitting in a van next to a missile silo. He turned out to be an Indian doctor and he sued but lost. But needless to say, he got roughed up a little. Once again, I am sorry if I make a mistake........but if your name is Mohammed, you have curly black hair and a permanent tan and you are sitting in a van twenty feet from a thermo-nuclear weapon, you are probably gonna get "questioned". "Nuff said.
    Damn its almost as though we live in the same general area. Our Ft. LV guy on here can acknowledge what I am talking about in concern to this area.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Emily is offline Corporal
    My older brother does security for the OPPD Nuclear Power Plant out in Ft. Calhoun, NE, which happens to sit next to the Missouri River. They found an Arab man sitting in a boat making a sketch of the buildings....

But to assume every Arab looking person is a terrorist is absurd. I have a brother who was adopted from INDIA... and it was down right ridiculous to see the looks he got from people after September 11th.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    What are we talking about here? A pro-jihad rally?

We have a unique situation here, as we have both a large Chaldean and Somali population - both very vocally pro-American. We also were home (for a short time) to a couple of the hijackers. Oh yeah, did I mention this is a military town?

I'd say they would be quickly put into "protective" custody.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Cool

I have three priorities as a police officer/ex-soldier/patriot/raghead-hater/all-around beer-drinkin', sunset-watchin', flag-lovin' redneck: My God. My family. My community. So all y'all assholes who want to fuck with any one of these three.............I hope you are better armed than me. Best wishes.

Haha - Glad you're on our side

(\__/)

armygrnt502 is offline Making my streets safer, one day at a time
    Verified LEO
    Indeed...I agree with NiteStokker. There are way to many people in this country that have weapons, pack weapons and/or carry them in their trucks or cars to let somebody that met that description pass notice.

Be thankful a "roughing" up is all that fellow got.
    "Sometimes people need a little help. Sometimes people need to be forgiven. And sometimes they need to go to jail."

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    Haha - Glad you're on our side
    With your babies and my attitude, we could rule the world, Texas Chuck! Rock on, my brother!

With your babies and my attitude, we could rule the world, Texas Chuck!
    That would be way too much responsibility!!!
    Can we just hire a manager?

(\__/)

Cst.SB is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm357 View Post
    There are a lot of Muslims in this country. Odds are, some of them share beliefs with the jihadists. What do you think our countrys reaction to islamic terrorist activities in our streets would be? What do you think the public reaction would be?

Given that this is one of my favorite discussions, I'll jump in here.

"Odds are, some share beliefs with the Jihadists", well actually, many share the same beliefs as the Jihadists!!!!! If you look to the number in the UK it's absolultely alarming. In the US and Canada, the majority have managed to some extent be quiet.

What that does, is allow them to fund raise and support terrorism in the Mideast, Africa, and parts of the EU.

I would recommend that everyone that sees this post read "American Jihad: The Terrorists Living Among Us", by Steven Emerson.

This review of the book says it all:

“The formula was simple: use the laws, freedoms, and loopholes of the most liberal nation on earth to help finance and direct the most violent international terrorism groups in the world.” (p. 111)

The author describes where and how he got videotapes of speeches, terrorist training manuals, instructions for making bombs, materials for forging passports and other legal documents, etc. He presents his own experiences in attending speeches in mosques, talking to people, etc. The result is a picture of militant Islamists taking over the leadership of religious and charitable Muslim organizations in the United States and using them for

(1) a base of operations and support,

(2) a base for recruitment and conversion of Muslims to fundamentalist Islam, and

(3) a base for networking with each other. He makes a convincing case that not only Al Qaeda, but Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Hisballah, National Islamic Front, Muslim Brotherhood, Algerian Islamic Salvation Front, Algerian Armed Islamic Group, and others are established in the United States and are meeting and loosely working together.

“In focusing only on Al-Qaeda as the group most threatening to the United States, the government and much of the media are making a strategic and fatal error.” (p. 193 paperback edition). He names names, gives dates and continually cites evidence and sources.

The cities hosting these groups are: Seattle, San Francisco, Santa Clara, Los Angeles, San Diego, Denver, Tucson, Arlington TX, Dallas, Houston, Oklahoma City, Kansas City, Plainfield IN, Columbia MO, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Charlotte NC, Raleigh NC, Tampa, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Boca Raton FL, Springfield VA, Herndon VA, Washington DC, Potomac MD, Laurel MD, New York City, Philadelphia, and Boston. This, as of 2003.

The author also shows how Islamic operatives have utilized American universities to house and legitimate their front organizations “all in the name of `multiculturalism’.” (p. 111)

The author devotes a whole chapter to a detailed case study of exactly what and how this was done. (For a narrative account of how this hospitable climate came to exist in Academia, see The Rape of Alma Mater.)

The author does not forecast the outcome. “But one thing is certain. Unless we are able to recognize and define the enemy—militant Islamic fundamentalists—without fear of being castigated as racist, then we will certainly lose.” (p. 195 PB ed.

Read the Book!!!!

Also, this is a must!!!! Please watch the four parts of this documentary online

Those of you in the UK may recognize some of the footage. (Dr. Hook at the Finsbury Park Mosque)

But more than guns, and beatings, there needs to be education. People need to know that even "moderate" Islam is "extreme" by western standards..

PS... Click Here for more info!!

OFK
    OFK is offline Trollicious
    Quote Originally Posted by Cst.SB View Post
    PS... Click Here for more info!!
    Cst. I knew you would find your way here There is just so much here, there and everywhere and it starts with not just the ones who have been/are coming here legally, illegally and whatnot, you will also find that the majority of Muslim schools in America, starting at the wee ages, some of which receive govt funding, it all ties in with the problems we face now and in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by OFK View Post
    Cst. I knew you would find your way here There is just so much here, there and everywhere and it starts with not just the ones who have been/are coming here legally, illegally and whatnot, you will also find that the majority of Muslim schools in America, starting at the wee ages, some of which receive govt funding, it all ties in with the problems we face now and in the future.
    I agree 100% and one of the biggest mistakes is thinking that "we" can solve the problem with inclusion and showing them what a great way of life we live. Which is the problem in itself, western values and lifestyle is at direct odds with the Qu'ran. Strict followers of the Qu'ran will not "melt" into the pot, they will fight, sometimes to death (or suicide) to spread Sharia Law as directed by the Prophet.

The first thing the US and Canada needs to do, is to re-affirm it's identity and value system, and do away with fricken support wth tax dollars the very schools that teach hatred of the American way of life. It's insane!

Look at the UK, many of the terror suspects came from a government subsidized "islamic" school!!!

OFK
    OFK is offline Trollicious
    Quote Originally Posted by PDawg View Post
    What are we talking about here? A pro-jihad rally?

We have a unique situation here, as we have both a large Chaldean and Somali population - both very vocally pro-American. We also were home (for a short time) to a couple of the hijackers. Oh yeah, did I mention this is a military town?

I'd say they would be quickly put into "protective" custody.

We were home ot the ringleader "Atta". There are no unique situations, at least not anymore. Somali has been linked to Bin Laden way before 9/11. I have yet to see any Muslim "Community" come out and actually speak against the ongoing attacks, past-present or stand against future attacks in the name of freedom for which we stand. It just does not exist.

Thread Information